Is it possible to make items Untradable? Or is gift wrapping an item I don't want to trade away the best option to make it distinct from other items?

Faegem

I have some items I don't want to trade away and they're mostly just a small collection and not for equipping. Low crafts and craft #777's (I really like my craft #777 Awper Hand).

You can only make items untradable by applying a killstreak kit made with an untradable item (like achievement weapons). For weapons that have fabricators for them this is easier, for cosmetics you'll need a glitched universal killstreak kit. This is expensive. Not worth it.

Instead, add a name or description tag to make them distinct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zeus_Junior said:

You can only make items untradable by applying a killstreak kit made with an untradable item (like achievement weapons). For weapons that have fabricators for them this is easier, for cosmetics you'll need a glitched universal killstreak kit. This is expensive. Not worth it.

Thanks. In order to not accidentally trade them away using bots or websites I guess I'll just Gift Wrap them.

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

yup i now own a pro ks beggars because of unintentionally using an achievement item - so ive deleted all my untradable items since

• Confused 1

You can make certain Items untradable, with untradable Strangifier Sets like my villains veil for example. just wait until christmas to get untradable weapons from the stocking stuffer they give to everyone every year.

image.png.1cb482f0ffdc571f9923371430999f10.png

I'm personally someone who is actively seeking to create and collect these sorts of items (trying to make a nice untradeable inventory so when I finish cashing out all I have are nice untradeable items)

As people have mentioned you can go about this via a verity of means:

Weapons:

- Making untradeable weapons is the cheapest and easiest method in creating untradeable items. This can be achieved two ways, one to create unique untradeable items and one to make any weapons untradeable.  

1. The First method typically involved sacrificing an already untradeable unique weapon. If you are like me, you probably already had done this in the past without realizing. If not, you can create infinite untradeable unique weapons via sacrificing an untradeable achievement item to create an untradeable scrap. Use this scrap to create an untradeable reclaimed or refined, which you can then smelt to make either 3 or 9 untradeable scrap. BOOM! You have "duplicated" (will cost scrap to do haha) an untradeable scrap. This can then be used to craft any craftable weapon (OR HAT) but untradeable.
  2.  However, if you want your strange or unusual or special weapons to be untradeable, (like the creator of this thread) you will need to create an untradeable weapon as outlined in the first step, however make sure this is weapon is able to have a killstreak applied. You can make any weapon untradeable through creating a basic killstreak or specialized killstreak weapon that is untradeable (via method 1), which is then used in the crafting of a brand new killstreak kit. This kit can then be applied to your weapon of choice to make it forever untradeable.
            - I personally did this to make my main DS strange rocket launcher untradeable. 

Cosmetics:

- Cosmetics are slightly harder and less forgiving, as either you need to spend thousands of dollars or special glitched items or only be able to make strangifiable hats untradeable. 

1. Briefly mentioned in making untradeable weapons, when you create untradeable scrap, you can use it to make untradeable craft hats. Not very special, not out of this world, but hey, if you want a $0.02 untradeable item go for it haha
  2. Use a GLITCHED universal killstreak kit. Either specialized or professional killstreak works. This works on all items in existence and is not just for cosmetics. You could also make craft items, useable items (like soundmakers), weapons that typically cannot be killstreaked, or anything at all untradeable via this method. This is technically the same as what was outlined in method 2 for untradeable weapons, however use the final result on your desired hat. This method is very expensive as uncrafted universal kits are insanely rare nowadays. 
  3. If you aren't a millionaire (or MILKBEAROW), instead you can use a method that takes advantage of strangifiers. I recently did this to create a untradeable strange spelled allfather. This is where you a chemistry kit to create a strangifier and craft it. Depending on the kit this can be pretty expensive, however there is typically a weapon involved. Before crafting it, you must apply a killstreak kit to create an untradeable killstreak weapon (Method 2 for weapons), then use this weapon in the crafting process for a strangifier, which you can then apply to the hat.          Note that this will only work on SOME hats, so be careful, this can also be very expensive. 

These are as far as I know the only methods possible to create untradeable weapons, however this was only from my own research and I could have easily missed something. I'd love people to let me know about other possible techniques ❤️

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Another thing that helps is having a manually organized backpack. Keep the stuff your want to or are willing to trade up front and put the stuff you don't want to in the back. Still have to be careful with bot-generated trades though.

50 minutes ago, ___ said:

I'm personally someone who is actively seeking to create and collect these sorts of items (trying to make a nice untradeable inventory so when I finish cashing out all I have are nice untradeable items)

As people have mentioned you can go about this via a verity of means:

Weapons:

- Making untradeable weapons is the cheapest and easiest method in creating untradeable items. This can be achieved two ways, one to create unique untradeable items and one to make any weapons untradeable.  

1. The First method typically involved sacrificing an already untradeable unique weapon. If you are like me, you probably already had done this in the past without realizing. If not, you can create infinite untradeable unique weapons via sacrificing an untradeable achievement item to create an untradeable scrap. Use this scrap to create an untradeable reclaimed or refined, which you can then smelt to make either 3 or 9 untradeable scrap. BOOM! You have "duplicated" (will cost scrap to do haha) an untradeable scrap. This can then be used to craft any craftable weapon (OR HAT) but untradeable.
  2.  However, if you want your strange or unusual or special weapons to be untradeable, (like the creator of this thread) you will need to create an untradeable weapon as outlined in the first step, however make sure this is weapon is able to have a killstreak applied. You can make any weapon untradeable through creating a basic killstreak or specialized killstreak weapon that is untradeable (via method 1), which is then used in the crafting of a brand new killstreak kit. This kit can then be applied to your weapon of choice to make it forever untradeable.
            - I personally did this to make my main DS strange rocket launcher untradeable. 

Cosmetics:

- Cosmetics are slightly harder and less forgiving, as either you need to spend thousands of dollars or special glitched items or only be able to make strangifiable hats untradeable. 

1. Briefly mentioned in making untradeable weapons, when you create untradeable scrap, you can use it to make untradeable craft hats. Not very special, not out of this world, but hey, if you want a $0.02 untradeable item go for it haha
  2. Use a GLITCHED universal killstreak kit. Either specialized or professional killstreak works. This works on all items in existence and is not just for cosmetics. You could also make craft items, useable items (like soundmakers), weapons that typically cannot be killstreaked, or anything at all untradeable via this method. This is technically the same as what was outlined in method 2 for untradeable weapons, however use the final result on your desired hat. This method is very expensive as uncrafted universal kits are insanely rare nowadays. 
  3. If you aren't a millionaire (or MILKBEAROW), instead you can use a method that takes advantage of strangifiers. I recently did this to create a untradeable strange spelled allfather. This is where you a chemistry kit to create a strangifier and craft it. Depending on the kit this can be pretty expensive, however there is typically a weapon involved. Before crafting it, you must apply a killstreak kit to create an untradeable killstreak weapon (Method 2 for weapons), then use this weapon in the crafting process for a strangifier, which you can then apply to the hat.          Note that this will only work on SOME hats, so be careful, this can also be very expensive. 

These are as far as I know the only methods possible to create untradeable weapons, however this was only from my own research and I could have easily missed something. I'd love people to let me know about other possible techniques ❤️

Holy crap thank you!!!

Since people already have answered you on how to make stuff untradable, I'll just add on saying that it'd be wise to use a name tag to rename your #777 items into something specific, so you don't end up mistakenly trading them away.

I have 0 imagination, so I'd suggest "itemname #777", but you can write anything so go wild with them

1 hour ago, zelias said:

Since people already have answered you on how to make stuff untradable, I'll just add on saying that it'd be wise to use a name tag to rename your #777 items into something specific, so you don't end up mistakenly trading them away.

I have 0 imagination, so I'd suggest "itemname #777", but you can write anything so go wild with them

I usually just go for the generic itemname #777 because it's basically the template. I forgot to rename some so thank you for reminding me!