RIP Bazaar.tf

DryDrocher

6 hours ago, Semper said:

image.thumb.png.6c7c10b99b7bd102f97c5870c92d6a08.png

Checks out, don't think i've interacted or traded with someone who sent me their bazaar.tf offers in 6+ years

For me people were acctually comming to me to QS me stuff. I made like 50-100 keys that way. RIP outpost 2 you will be missed :((

Oh its official, finally. It desperately needed to be put out of its misery.

1 hour ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Oh its official, finally. It desperately needed to be put out of its misery.

It's gotten reaaal bad over the years with the API and towards the end we had to do some really whacky stuff to stay up and running because Valve was rate limiting us. In their official response as to why we were being targeted like that they stated that they do not support trading/gambling websites. Good to know that Valve considers the only reason trading got so big (trading sites) as vermin. I hope the others will fare better than we did and that Valve is not going to crackdown on the API limits even harder. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, _inu said:

I hope the others will fare better than we did and that Valve is not going to crackdown on the API limits even harder. 

Yeah, the thought even is scary, has been scary for me for a while now and the same way for a while I have noticed the bazaar struggles getting worse

9 hours ago, Semper said:

image.thumb.png.6c7c10b99b7bd102f97c5870c92d6a08.png

Checks out, don't think i've interacted or traded with someone who sent me their bazaar.tf offers in 6+ years

you have traded more people on discord than bazaar? thats crazy 

In the 8 years or so I’ve used the site, I’ve prolly made less then 100 trades from the site, so not even 1 percent of my trades.

Kinda sucks it’s closing down, but I don’t know anyone who actually used the site actively.

rip bazaar..

rip brazzers.tf or ballzaar.tf, was fun auctioning random stuff with forumers back in 2014

site was complicated but it allowed for a very nice fine-grained search system with all the ids and whatever you could ask it to include

bots and overall automated trading made it redundant, i personally stopped bothering in 2020.

another piece of tf2 trading will go down, i wonder if somebody gonna archive the whole site like with tf2outpost back then

at least idler is still here and you can play it

I used to use the site on and off when i was curious on what people were looking forcin a simplified manner. I made a few trades along the way using said site alongside outpost, though i used outpost a little more. Both were very good sites and it's kind of a bummer to see them all go.

RIP Bazaar. We appreciated the service you provided for traders of all sorts. May the site's legacy live on in memory.

The reason for closing seems weird to me. Why rate limitting is so bad for bazaar? It's not like users are trying to refresh backpacks every second, like here on backpack.tf. Of course it's inconvinient, but it's been like that for years.

I have always been a big fan of bazaar and no idea why traders were so scared to use it. I literally can't remember any functionality that tf2outpost had that bazaar.tf lacked and didn't even have a better version of. Except maybe for paying for smaller autobump times. Sadly the oldest and most reliable remaining TF2 human trading site will now be gone forever.

On 7/29/2023 at 2:42 AM, shadyfan said:

The reason for closing seems weird to me. Why rate limitting is so bad for bazaar? It's not like users are trying to refresh backpacks every second, like here on backpack.tf. Of course it's inconvinient, but it's been like that for years.

Late reply since I did not see but since we don't have the hardware to do even more aggressive caching, we must load your backpack from the API in order for you to be able to create or update a trade. People were no longer able to create trades due to the rate limit.