This was a dumb suggestion

TheDevBug

1 minute ago, Littlepudintater said:

Caring about dupes ☠️☠️

I personally in all seriousness don't care too much about dupes but some people really do and if 1 less person is going to be interested in an item I'm far better off getting the non duped one for an extra scrap just so if I come across him he doesn't throw a fit over a second item of the same id.

• Confused 1

if you're checking dupes in 2023 you're either stuck in the past or tryin to find a reason to lowball

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is only a few high tier/god tier items that still have a big price difference for not duped/duped. With the 2022 backpack history loss and dupes not displaying propperly anyway that feature would be pretty redundant

• Like 1

the great history wipe was the final nail in the coffin of caring about dupes,nowadays you deserve being laughed at for caring about dupes

As much as I like and collect dupes, sadly the history data wipe just killed the remainder of the undocumented dupes.

All the ones that were recorded on next.backpack had to be manually inspected by clicking on the History button and letting the server cache the dupe’s information.

I still remember wasting hours inspecting bots entire inventories just for a little badge to appear next to an item lol

dupes are just a great way to catch a possible discount on what amounts to the same hat as a clean one.

outside of a few things like burning tc/hearts bonk boy dupe doesnt matter, and for those hats it’s because the dupe versions are infamous (lvl 3 and 73)

For quite a lot of items now, the market is too limited to care about dupes. Why would you accept 20-30% lower price if ur hat is 1 of 1 on the market and every other version is dead or locked away?

• TheDevBug changed the title to This was a dumb suggestion
14 hours ago, Bananas said:

dupes are just a great way to catch a possible discount on what amounts to the same hat as a clean one.

outside of a few things like burning tc/hearts bonk boy dupe doesnt matter, and for those hats it’s because the dupe versions are infamous (lvl 3 and 73)

For quite a lot of items now, the market is too limited to care about dupes. Why would you accept 20-30% lower price if ur hat is 1 of 1 on the market and every other version is dead or locked away?

why were the dupe versions infamous?

6 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

why were the dupe versions infamous?

they are well known for being dupes, and when you see that number you instantly know its the dupe. those hats have a reputation, and can usually be found much cheaper than their clean counterpart.

its just old stimga that hasnt gone away with time.

like the 73 hearts bonk is selling 500 keys, the next clean one starts at 600 and the other one has a placeholder price

for the tc, the lvl 3 usually goes for less than 2 pans and i think a clean one is 2 pans or something