do you guys like constructive criticism? or no.

Rancid Feet

what do you guys think about constructive criticism, or sometimes negative criticism?

is it better to tell a bad artist they need to improve and give them advice, or lie to them so they never try to hone their craft and assure them they are good.

• Like 2

IMO neither of the extremes are good. If they are asking for criticism, it's best that they're given both the honest opinion and a compliment as well to help them improve and also encourage and push them to keep going. Harsh criticism and no encouragement at all can be very harmful to artists' mindset. And if the artist is explicitly stating that they don't want criticism, it shouldn't be given, even if it may be helpful. And if they haven't mentioned their stance about getting criticism, it's best to ask them first if they'd like to hear your opinion and suggestions about their work.

• Like 1

yes constructive and negative criticism is good imo, as long as it's not too extreme and assuming the person doesn't take it the wrong way

• Like 2

As an art hobbyist I really love criticism cause it helps me to understand what other people see and understand from what I've made and where I can improve 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I believe constructive criticism is only viable if the person asks for it. If an individual posts something asking for help, they're looking for advice and issues they cannot see themselves. If a piece is just posted, leave comments with things the artist did well and factors that were enjoyed only, as they're not looking for criticism and won't take it well or at all.

I love criticism personally. Of course, at first, it feels like an attack on myself as a person. But give me a few days and I've sorted out the critique from my overactive mind.

On 7/10/2023 at 2:34 AM, karma miguel said:

Can I watch?

you need to cry like a baby as well