Looking for Voice Overs In a Video

Red Med

yo, im currently looking for people to voice over a video I have planned out, its about tf2 hackers. I'll be hosting auditions on the july 1-5 there will be 2 spots to be planned out, 1 person would read more than the other. I will pay 1.5 mann co. keys for each person and give them credit. add me on steam or discord: canned_bread7 for more details...

11 hours ago, Red Med said:

yo, im currently looking for people to voice over a video I have planned out, its about tf2 hackers. I'll be hosting auditions on the july 1-5 there will be 2 spots to be planned out, 1 person would read more than the other. I will pay 1.5 mann co. keys for each person and give them credit. add me on steam or discord: canned_bread7 for more details...

the person that reads more also gets 1.5 keys? would make more sense if they got at least double of the normal pay

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoundDrout said:

wowiee a whole $3.00 for a voice over commission

9 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

the person that reads more also gets 1.5 keys? would make more sense if they got at least double of the normal pay

yall are complaining about free keys to read a couple lines.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

alright, you silly goose: my bus fare is roughly 1 key. Each way. It honestly baffles me how little voice actors get respected or paid in the industry, compared to what they're doing. Also the guy doesn't even have the keys ready, so there could be doubts as to whether they're getting paid or not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

Unfortunately those keys are not free. You have to spend time and effort into voice acting to read those lines. I don't know OP's standards, but I would assume they want you to have a high quality microphone, good knowledge of audio exporting, and to send them all those files (of which takes time). They may also want you to say various versions of the same line, or to send different ones after they listen to them to judge them. They also require auditions, meaning you will need to schedule a time to meet with them and say lines or discuss the entire ordeal. It could be a lot of lines, lots of discussions, maybe hours of work, who knows? I think all of that is worth more than a measly $3.00.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vasxus said:

alright, you silly goose: my bus fare is roughly 1 key. Each way. It honestly baffles me how little voice actors get respected or paid in the industry, compared to what they're doing

Okay yes, but nobody here (to my knowledge) is a professional voice actor, hence why hes asking on a public forum. We're a bunch of rando's with literally 0 experience.

1 hour ago, Vasxus said:

Also the guy doesn't even have the keys ready, so there could be doubts as to whether they're getting paid or not.

valid, i can understand this, and I agree with it.

58 minutes ago, SoundDrout said:

I think all of that is worth more than a measly $3.00.

then dont take the job. simple.

1 hour ago, Lucyfer said:

Okay yes, but nobody here (to my knowledge) is a professional voice actor, hence why hes asking on a public forum. We're a bunch of rando's with literally 0 experience.

being a bunch of randos doesnt justify the extremely low level of pay.are you expecting a kid to work for less than an adult at the same job because they lack experience?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

then dont take the job. simple.

I won’t take it, I was just fairly criticizing the lack of pay. Simple.

Also don’t you think I was implying that you shouldn’t take it from the start?

• Like 1