Usually, Morning starts with coffee

SANUS shake before use

It seems like Steam automatically flags all the comment that contains trade related tag-words such as "sell,buy, and etc"

If anyone experienced the false VAC-Alert, please share your story!

pissssssxxxx.PNG

• Like 1

just contact steam support, happened to me as well a while ago. for the future, I would recommend to using words like buy / cash / trade in comments

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsey Waterphone said:

It seems like Steam automatically flags all the comment that contains trade related tag-words such as "sell,buy, and etc"

If anyone experienced the false VAC-Alert, please share your story!

pissssssxxxx.PNG

so stop spamming ppls comments? deserved tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Aysentaro said:

so stop spamming ppls comments? deserved tbh

A little crumb of context here.

I was banned for using a keyword used to flag out spambots (Such as buy, sell, or mentioning "a shaddy link).

I initially started wondering how other traders dealt with this kind of problem, as the issue is not new and many traders (as well as high-tier traders) have experienced the same mishap

yeah just appeal it, has happened to me 3 times over the last 6 months ~ steam support just removes it for you 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsey Waterphone said:

A little crumb of context here.

I was banned for using a keyword used to flag out spambots (Such as buy, sell, or mentioning "a shaddy link).

I initially started wondering how other traders dealt with this kind of problem, as the issue is not new and many traders (as well as high-tier traders) have experienced the same mishap

so instead of stop doing it you look for "workaround", you are asking for a perma at this point, i recommend you checking the TOS they recently updated it and you are actually breaking it, coz you can be like oh i just look for a new word to use instead of sell/buy i mean surely the automation doesn't pick it up but what happens when ppl start reporting you for it, you only got like 3 strikes before they delete your acc, is it worth it?

• Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Kolt said:

yeah just appeal it, has happened to me 3 times over the last 6 months ~ steam support just removes it for you 

until they dont, then youre fucked

bit of a stockholm syndrome there

there is nothing in the rules that prevents you from trading with people or giving a reason why you're adding them (which is something i would always do out of courtesy)

you should have nothing to fear if you're not a scammer , this new automated system is simply stupid

not our fault valve let scammers roam free for a decade+ and now all of a sudden you can't even post legit trade comments on people's profiles without getting flagged

the new alerts to prevent api scams etc when you confirm a trade on the mobile app though...those are good changes

but,again,only took them 10+ years

• Like 2

Just used "added for xy" instead if you need to comment, nothing in that message could be seen as suspicious. Item trading will never break steam TOS since it's literally a steam feature, can't see them not removing false bans for simply trading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidecker said:

Just used "added for xy" instead if you need to comment, nothing in that message could be seen as suspicious. Item trading will never break steam TOS since it's literally a steam feature, can't see them not removing false bans for simply trading.

the ban has nothing to do with trading, you are advertising in someone's comments which is indeed in the TOS, go read it again

40 minutes ago, Aysentaro said:

the ban has nothing to do with trading, you are advertising in someone's comments which is indeed in the TOS, go read it again

How is that 'advertising'? It's enquiring

Is responding to an advertisement on 3rd party websites advertising?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aysentaro said:

There is a big difference  between commenting sth like "buy my items on this site" or "you should sell me your items for cash to me" and commenting "added you for this item". Most people state "please comment the reason for adding me". I don't think it can be seen as advertisement, when you keep it on the steam platform and just do what the profile "owner" wants you to do.

The mentioned text I should "read again":

"Engage in commercial activity

Examples of such prohibited behavior include: posting advertisements; running contests; gambling; buying or selling Steam accounts; selling content, gift cards, or other items; and begging."

This just states that advertisements are prohibited, declaring a reason for adding someone is clearly not an advertisement. 

They flag comments because they include the words "buy, sell" etc. because of the point "selling contet, gift cards, or other items". Basically "Selling and buying should only happen on scm, so there should be no need to comment about those things". Trading is not against Steam TOS, comments about trading are not against Steam TOS, they are both a Steam feature provided by Valve.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alecto said:

How is that 'advertising'? It's enquiring

Is responding to an advertisement on 3rd party websites advertising?

what do you mean how, you never had newspapers when you were kid where there was a page where ppl could write out ADVERTISMENTS for buying or selling items or skill, how is this any different if anything this is even worse as you are personally harassing them

6 hours ago, Heidecker said:

There is a big difference  between commenting sth like "buy my items on this site" or "you should sell me your items for cash to me" and commenting "added you for this item". Most people state "please comment the reason for adding me". I don't think it can be seen as advertisement, when you keep it on the steam platform and just do what the profile "owner" wants you to do.

The mentioned text I should "read again":

"Engage in commercial activity

Examples of such prohibited behavior include: posting advertisements; running contests; gambling; buying or selling Steam accounts; selling content, gift cards, or other items; and begging."

This just states that advertisements are prohibited, declaring a reason for adding someone is clearly not an advertisement. 

They flag comments because they include the words "buy, sell" etc. because of the point "selling contet, gift cards, or other items". Basically "Selling and buying should only happen on scm, so there should be no need to comment about those things". Trading is not against Steam TOS, comments about trading are not against Steam TOS, they are both a Steam feature provided by Valve.

buying or selling Steam accounts; selling content, gift cards, or other items

buying or selling other items

that's beside the point that you are advertising yourself as buying or selling something, that's literally ADVERTISING

remember those 50s america bussiness men that ringed your doorbell and tried to sell you a vacum cleaner? yeah you are doing exactly that right now but online

44 minutes ago, Aysentaro said:

buying or selling Steam accounts; selling content, gift cards, or other items

buying or selling other items

that's beside the point that you are advertising yourself as buying or selling something, that's literally ADVERTISING

If that is the case not only comments about buying/selling but all trading (trading in general is just you adding people and sending trades to avertise your items) should be against TOS according to that "posting advertisements" rule update, since that does not just apply for comments but all of steam or did I miss something?

That peddler argument further supports that all trading should fall into the "advertising" category, since you sending strangers a trade is literally a modern modified version of peddling. If that is the case, all but agreed on trades that were negotiated through in game chat/direct messages should fall into the category "advertising (your items)" and should not be allowed.

If I am wrong please explain it to me and not just say "read again".

31 minutes ago, Heidecker said:

If that is the case not only comments about buying/selling but all trading (trading in general is just you adding people and sending trades to avertise your items) should be against TOS according to that "posting advertisements" rule update, since that does not just apply for comments but all of steam or did I miss something?

That peddler argument further supports that all trading should fall into the "advertising" category, since you sending strangers a trade is literally a modern modified version of peddling. If that is the case, all but agreed on trades that were negotiated through in game chat/direct messages should fall into the category "advertising (your items)" and should not be allowed.

intellectual dishonesty

32 minutes ago, Heidecker said:

so you cant tell the difference between ppl that willingly talk to you in whisper vs you spamming their comments without their consent, okay dude

I kid you not, I posted a comment asking about a hat and I then tried to delete it a second later when I realised it had a trigger word in it AND I COULDN'T BECAUSE IT BANNED ME WITHIN A MILLISECOND.

Plus, steam support bozos act like it's YOUR fault? Like cuh, fix your damn POS website then you can blame us for your mistakes.

no matter how you look at it you are literally spamming, but i guess ppl should just close their comments if they don't wanna receive spam right, its their fault XD

1 hour ago, Aysentaro said:

what do you mean how, you never had newspapers when you were kid where there was a page where ppl could write out ADVERTISMENTS for buying or selling items or skill, how is this any different if anything this is even worse as you are personally harassing them

Okay so everytime you've ever sent a trade offer you should be banned for breaching Steam TOS? You're advertising your interest in the other person's item after all.

10 minutes ago, Alecto said:

Okay so everytime you've ever sent a trade offer you should be banned for breaching Steam TOS? You're advertising your interest in the other person's item after all.

stop the bs, you can only send trade offers to ppl that themselves either accepted your friend request or willingly put out their trade link, both are willingly participating, why play the stupid

• Haha 3

the point is, you are relying on valve being reasonable, one day you will learn the hard way when they close your ticket and dont answear and you will be stuck with a community ban that never expire, then what you gonna sue them? lmao

12 hours ago, Aysentaro said:

so instead of stop doing it you look for "workaround", you are asking for a perma at this point, i recommend you checking the TOS they recently updated it and you are actually breaking it, coz you can be like oh i just look for a new word to use instead of sell/buy i mean surely the automation doesn't pick it up but what happens when ppl start reporting you for it, you only got like 3 strikes before they delete your acc, is it worth it?

Jesse what the fuck are you talking about - YouTube

36 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsey Waterphone said:

Jesse what the fuck are you talking about - YouTube

that you are playing with fire and with the direction valve is going you will burn yourself soon