Glad hackers took to other sites now.

Littlepudintater

Looks like the Glad team was right in the OpenID login being the vulnerability but unfortunately being a common used aspect in the community the hackers are now popping what looks like csgo gambling sites in the same vein. Be aware of where your items are right now because this looks like its gonna be several times larger and could not only be limited to this hacker(group?). Make best judgements and be careful where signing in hopefully steam will intervene but given how complex this is now I doubt it will happen fast. 

Some thoughts:

Genuinely feel like at this point the inside job rhetoric trolling glad is absolved, imo anyone whos smart enough to do the initial hack AND be inside the team just would not risk double, tripple, quadrupling down and hitting other sites while they really have no ways of cashing out at this time.

Steam will most likely have to step in at this point since the grand total of everything is downright insane, how they feel about the community and the tools they let us use will most likely be up for discussion at that time as this is insane, i could even see the web API for 3rd party logins just getting taken away entirely from us so they never have to clean up again.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

I still don't see how valve can 'undo' this. Some functions were straightforward, IE if an item was taken for nothing then yeah I guess they can revert.

But how can they divine price changing/two way trades being fraud/not? What about non-steam funds that were lost?

If they nuke 3rd party logins its gonna be a big deal for trade in general; I don't think they'd do it but hey this is valve...

Given how valve rolled-back the cs.money incident which also wasn't steams fault at all, it's really up in the air all we can do is speculate at this point.

On one hand gamba sites aren't protected but the other "1 mill$ steam scam!?!?!" headlines and youtube essays aren't things i think valve would let sit without a statement or some form of action given the range of this attack.

10 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

I still don't see how valve can 'undo' this. Some functions were straightforward, IE if an item was taken for nothing then yeah I guess they can revert.

But how can they divine price changing/two way trades being fraud/not? What about non-steam funds that were lost?

If they nuke 3rd party logins its gonna be a big deal for trade in general; I don't think they'd do it but hey this is valve...

i think they can undo everything by just reverting all trading to one week before.though this may require huge effort from support expect new glitched items then