Is it possible for you to make your backpack.tf inventory private?

yhufhgdgbhf

I've been targeted by scammers for my strange weapons before and I'm wondering if its possible for me to simply hide or make my backpack.tf inventory private.  If it isn't possible, can it be added as a potential feature of the website to protect users and their items from being targeted by scammers?

not really. you can private your steam tf2 inventory and backpack.tf will have the last inventory state that was shown when it was public.

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

not really. you can private your steam tf2 inventory and backpack.tf will have the last inventory state that was shown when it was public.

Ah, that's unfortunate.  I do wish that they would let you hide it from the public, or private it for your own safety if you've wanted to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kolt said:

just ignore them?

Wouldn't it be better to prevent people from being scammed than to avoid and ignore scammers?  Heck, some people don't have much knowledge on what types of scams there is, and some scams are quite sophisticated.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, yhufhgdgbhf said:

Wouldn't it be better to prevent people from being scammed than to avoid and ignore scammers?  Heck, some people don't have much knowledge on what types of scams there is, and some scams are quite sophisticated.

dude, allow me to reference a post

29 minutes ago, yhufhgdgbhf said:

3 minutes ago, Lucyfer said:

dude, allow me to reference a post

What did you mean by this?  Can you please elaborate to me what you meant by this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread this post for a moment.  Still don't know why you made two separate posts though.

3 minutes ago, Lucyfer said:

Now I'm wondering what did you mean by this post instead of the previous one.

32 minutes ago, yhufhgdgbhf said:

What did you mean by this?  Can you please elaborate to me what you meant by this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread this post for a moment.  Still don't know why you made two separate posts though.

Now I'm wondering what did you mean by this post instead of the previous one.

No matter how much you educate people.. someone will always fall for scams.

This is literally a website that is blocked by steam for being a scam. And he asked what the purpose for the site was and tried logging in to it lol

1 - make an alt with a private bp

2 - trade everything in your inventory to that alt

3 - reload main's bp til it loads your empty inventory

4 - private main's bp

5 - trade stuff back to main

closest you can get

• Like 3

Ignore them, and be skeptical and paranoid of everyone who adds you, not in a crazy way but just always background check someone before you trade with them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

Ignore them, and be skeptical and paranoid of everyone who adds you, not in a crazy way but just always background check someone before you trade with them

Sadly this is too true, always background check everyone and anyone who adds you or tries anything trade related.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheSun said:

Sadly this is too true, always background check everyone and anyone who adds you or tries anything trade related.

Most of the time if they have an sfm poster for a pfp and the only comment on their profile is them saying "what u looking for" with a steam smiley face then they're a scammer

Don't click any links to tf2 sites that are like "TF2BONER" or "CSGONOOB" cause they're scam sites

I mean you probably know this anyway I just like adding comments cause I'm bored

When they add me I just remind them how miserable their life is, it's even funnier when they talk shit back and I talk even more shit until THEY block me

18 hours ago, yhufhgdgbhf said:

They will always add you no matter what you do. The only way to truly avoid them is to refrain from logging onto steam. It's the sad reality.

17 hours ago, Slam said:

1 - make an alt with a private bp

2 - trade everything in your inventory to that alt

3 - reload main's bp til it loads your empty inventory

4 - private main's bp

5 - trade stuff back to main

closest you can get

This is the way.

• Like 1