a question about exorcism

fran

i like that spell and own a few primary weapons with it and eventually wanted to get a scottish resistance because mvm

i recently watched a video and i discovered that it doesn't work on demoman's shields (even if you kill with the charge / bash,apparently)

in the same video,the uploader commented that you don't get the special effect when you get a kill through stickies but that sounds completely absurd to me so surely he's wrong ?

so,yes,my question is : if you use a quickie/stickybomb launcher or the SR - do you get the exorcism effect after a kill ?

according to description, doesn't work on regular right-click detonation, only on left click, when the 9th sticky being placed triggers the 1st to det?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

i owned a double spelled sticky back in the day and yep, does not work. weather it does for scottish resistance or not is beyond me, but yep goes not work in a regular stickybomb :( 

6 hours ago, clazmate said:

only on left click, when the 9th sticky being placed triggers the 1st to det?

Since this is generally the best way to play demo in mvm then this is alright for OP :D

On 5/27/2023 at 6:13 AM, ___ said:

i owned a double spelled sticky back in the day and yep, does not work. weather it does for scottish resistance or not is beyond me, but yep goes not work in a regular stickybomb :( 

thanks a lot , that's exactly the kind of feedback / answer i was looking for when i created the thread

i am starting to believe it wasn't intentional and it's some sort of bug because why wouldn't the spell work with stickies ?

5 hours ago, fran said:

thanks a lot , that's exactly the kind of feedback / answer i was looking for when i created the thread

i am starting to believe it wasn't intentional and it's some sort of bug because why wouldn't the spell work with stickies ?

if you believe the potted plant is going to look at this in the future,i would say buy it because the prices will go up after that since it will start to work as intended

in my experience,the usual rule about weapons is true when it comes to spells too (exo / pbombs)

if the weapon is "meta" or viable / decent in casual , it will be a lot more desirable and expensive : so,for example,a spelled kunai is worth a lot more compared to a spycicle or the original compared to,i don't know,the air strike

that's how i managed to get a few spelled weapons i really wanted for relatively cheap - they are ass in casual but good / meta in mvm and apparently people don't care about that

so i truly couldn't understand why the cheapest exorcism scottish resistance (meta in mvm but really really unpopular in casual) was so expensive (8 keys+ last time i checked)

and imagine my confusion after what we discovered in this thread , you can't even see the spell in action

i'd really like to know why the scottish resistance is so expensive then , is there any logical explanation ?

EX strange Scottish Resistance about 400 in the world (cantions double

and EX strange Stickybomb Launcher about 3100 in the world

Stickybomb Launcher have a lot of botkiller Version

• 3 months later...

necro bump but i was watching a tf2 stream yesterday (full moon) and that person owns a lot of spelled items

he sold his spelled SR unfortunately but he still owns a double spelled stickybomb launcher so i asked him if he could use it for a while

p bombs works as intended but,yes,no exorcism effect after a kill

it is now 300% confirmed

• 3 months later...

i am going to bump my own thread to add some extra info , might be useful for people who end up here through a google search

i decided to get a spelled wrangler (exorcism) and was looking for a video or some sort of proof that the spell was working as intended

long story short , the same bug (?) affecting the stickies and shields partly occurs with the wrangler

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/5018

chances of "valve" fixing this ? 0,04%

If it's true that that Exorcism + secondary attack is the issue; then presumably this also applies to the Shortstop's shove attack? (given it only deals 1 damage even if it did work you'd hardly ever see it)

Also what about the Cow Mangler's charged shot?

On 12/3/2023 at 5:47 PM, fran said:

i am going to bump my own thread to add some extra info , might be useful for people who end up here through a google search

i decided to get a spelled wrangler (exorcism) and was looking for a video or some sort of proof that the spell was working as intended

long story short , the same bug (?) affecting the stickies and shields partly occurs with the wrangler

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/5018

chances of "valve" fixing this ? 0,04%

make that 100% guarantee you it will be fixed in the smissmas dump