Steam Market BO & TF2 Backpack space limitations - what happens?

DoubleDonkAirlines

Let's say I have 1000 space aviable in my TF2 backpack
I've placed Buy Order for 1001 MvM parts on Steam Market 
Over night my Buy Order was fullfilled making my inventory 100% full
What happens with to that 1x MvM part once my backpack is 1000/1000?

Thank you from advance for your replies!

If I remember correctly, it forces you to delete sth when you launch the game. As long as you don't want to use your inventory/items, you could have > backpack size items on your account.

(I am not 100% confident that you could even buy sth from steam market with a full backpack though)

• Like 2

My backpack used to have 3001 items last month, and as Heidecker said, when you open tf2, it will ask you to choose one to delete or sell

Doesn't it just cancel the buy order? I seem to remember this happening to me and my buy order was removed without buying anything.

2 hours ago, Heidecker said:

If I remember correctly, it forces you to delete sth when you launch the game. As long as you don't want to use your inventory/items, you could have > backpack size items on your account.

(I am not 100% confident that you could even buy sth from steam market with a full backpack though)

Oh yeah, I actually remember that happening to me once, it keeps making you delete items until you have space lol

I've got response from Steam, here you are guys:

Either one of two things would happen in this case, your Buy Order either would not be completely filled and would stop purchasing the items you created one for once your inventory limit was reached or the system would complete the entire order and your inventory would have 1 item past its limit. 

Please note that there's no way for us to predict which event would occur in this case.