So I got Community banned...

Macioeus

Yeah as the title says: I got Community banned. Ive looked up other cases when people were falsly banned and it's scary. Sometimes they get unbanbed (as it should be) but sometimes they say they steam support just dosent answer them. Anyways I saw that on my friend list one other traded got it as Well but about 2 weeks before me (lime). He still have it and idk if he did sth wrong but its still There. Help? Please? 

1 minute ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Contact steam support like the message told you? What do you expect us to do?

Give some adclvise. But yeah I already did

don’t worry lmao, i’ve been community banned three times in the most 60 days, steam mistakes you for a scammer - just message steam support and they unlock your account once you provide proof you are the owner of the account 

good luck 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Is it me or a ton of people are reporting being unfairly banned without doing nothing illegal ToS-speaking recently? This is scary.

8 minutes ago, Kolt said:

don’t worry lmao, i’ve been community banned three times in the most 60 days, steam mistakes you for a scammer - just message steam support and they unlock your account once you provide proof you are the owner of the account 

good luck 

Thank god, cassuly helping a man in a stressful situation. Common kolt W. Ty

16 minutes ago, Colonel Johnson said:

Is it me or a ton of people are reporting being unfairly banned without doing nothing illegal ToS-speaking recently? This is scary.

You mean still banned without commenting sell/buy/trade/inventory/backpack etc?

Because those words will get you killed

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

I'm referring to all those who have reported being banned on Steam for apparently doing nothing wrong (usually because people report genuine people instead of the impersonators, I think?). I remember Shadows' episode 1-2 months ago.

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Why? Are thoes banned or what? 

You probably said "added to trade" on someones profile

Steams staff are fucking stupid, they roll out rubbish half-assed shit and then when we get auto banned tell us off for it.

The things that got me banned were 

“if you ever want to cashout, I would offer $5500 USD for your backpack”

or “would you take $800 for X item?”

anything that scammers do is usually flagged - so just avoid comments like that

2 hours ago, Colonel Johnson said:

I'm referring to all those who have reported being banned on Steam for apparently doing nothing wrong (usually because people report genuine people instead of the impersonators, I think?). I remember Shadows' episode 1-2 months ago.

3 hours ago, Kolt said:

good luck 

i try to be extra careful these days but sometimes you really need to leave a comment on a trader / seller profile to notify them you're adding them for a certain item or to ask if they're willing to negotiate etc

they might as well remove the ability to comment on people's profile if that can get you falsely banned so easily 😕

anyway,about the "proof that you are the owner" bit : i am curious , what exactly do you need to say or do ?

2 hours ago, Macioeus said:

Why? Are thoes banned or what? 

Basically yeah. That seems to be the most common in all these bans

1 hour ago, fran said:

i try to be extra careful these days but sometimes you really need to leave a comment on a trader / seller profile to notify them you're adding them for a certain item or to ask if they're willing to negotiate etc

they might as well remove the ability to comment on people's profile if that can get you falsely banned so easily 😕

anyway,about the "proof that you are the owner" bit : i am curious , what exactly do you need to say or do ?

personal details - addy, name, credit card info if you have ever used it before on steam - or paypal transaction proof if you’ve ever used paypal as a payment method on steam 

45 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Basically yeah. That seems to be the most common in all these bans

But they are false bans right? 

1 hour ago, Kolt said:

personal details - addy, name, credit card info if you have ever used it before on steam - or paypal transaction proof if you’ve ever used paypal as a payment method on steam 

oh,i see . easy enough then

i remember reading about really old steam accounts that needed some sort of code given to you upon installation / creation aka you were 99% shit out of luck if locked out of your account because most people would lose track of that code after 10-15 years

i don't think i ever received such a code but my account is fairly recent and those details you mentioned are impossible to forget

good to know , thanks

2 hours ago, Macioeus said:

But they are false bans right? 

Seems that the new system has a chance to automatically ban anyone who says those words/phrases. Looks like it was implemented to help impede the rise in CSGO scammers; however, many regular traders have been caught in the crossfire. Every single case of Tf2 traders getting hit from this have been resolved in 1-2 days of filing a ticket with Steam Support. Please update us if you need help with, or after, your Support ticket.

• Like 2

I've been community banned for posting a link to a backpack.tf suggestion a year ago even though backpack.tf is whitelisted on steam...

Bruh I got unbanned. Thanks to everyone that gave me advice or a word of confidence! Ty all ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Macioeus said:

Bruh I got unbanned. Thanks to everyone that gave me advice or a word of confidence! Ty all ❤️

That was fast! I'm happy for your unban. 👍

12 hours ago, Colonel Johnson said:

nothing illegal ToS-speaking recently

They updated ToS to include no commercial activity which trigger words like buy/sell are related to.

2 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

They updated ToS to include no commercial activity which trigger words like buy/sell are related to.

Oh yes I read about it on Twitter.

Also just got Community banned for commenting something like "Hey, im interested in buying your 1:1 unu, sent an add to discuss" cause most people like to have comments before adds for trading

its the weekend so I doubt steam support will be fast but hopefully i'll be unbanned in the next 48 hrs

• Astonished 2