Summer Update wishlist?

F. Bomb Fitzgerald

What do you most want to see in the Summer Update?  I made a video laying out my top 5 easy requests.  Do you think any are realistic?  What's on your list for the update?

I'd like to see an orbiting dildos effect and a jigglebones elite grade giant purple dildo hat.

I believe this would represent an increase in the quality of elite grade hats.

Best case scenario of what I'd personally like to see (as a shiny pixel enjoyer):

1. Implement the ENTIRE community fixes tab (excluding ones that actually alter things that aren't bugged/glitched)
2. A new unusual weapon effect. I don't care about energy orb anymore, keep that limited, keep that rare, but that market NEEDS something new and different
3. Cosmetics, Unusual effects, and War paints that aren't summer themed. I just wanna see things that genuinely look good, not a sand bucket on top of soldier's head because "lol sumer"
4. Global unusual effects. It's always a bit disappointing seeing neat effects like cold cosmos be case-locked with summer updates.
5. More cute things that don't stray from the games style 👉👈

1 hour ago, LaughingLollipop said:

I believe this would represent an increase in the quality of elite grade hats.

I mean, you're not wrong... especially with some of the recent elite grade hats.

• Thanks 1

Bug fixes, optimizations and more backpack pages (considering that there's screen space for them) are my top priorities. I don't really have big hopes knowing how Valve works, so I won't expect any new weapons, contracts and features in general. It's probably easy to get new, permanent maps.

would love no more shitty updates with shitty hats from shitty content creators, tf2 is fine how it is.

3 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

More backpack space. 3,000 Slots isn't enough to keep things properly organized.

Predicted that would happen with crimson cache update cause eric's backpack was almost full again and he just deleted 200 items instead :(

In regards to the post:

• There's an explosion fix "in the pipeline" that I'm hoping is meant for this update.
  • All the missing weapon strangifiers is the only *extra* thing I want.
  • Of all the cosmetics added in the last 6 years I've only cared about the crabe hat for spy so I really don't care what happens with cosmetics other than they be good enough that it's worth unboxing the case.
  • I don't know more than like 3 unusual effects added in the last 6 years so again I don't care for them outside of unboxing them on other case cosmetics and they being good enough to sell. Would like if we could stop getting 3 color variations of the same effects tho.
  • Someone pointed this out recently and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it; none of the taunts being added are like, actual taunts. Do you know the last time we got a "taunting" taunt? Fucking MEET YOUR MATCH with the fubar fanfare. Knowing that makes me want some taunting taunts like this signature taunt or the so close one. Not saying all the funny "activity" taunts are bad but the schadenfreude is (probably) the most iconic tf2 taunt for a reason.
  • Really hopeful on getting non-themed war paints. This is mostly for unboxing reasons again though because I don't really want to actually use any of them, so preferably a good pink/purple paint or other medic gf paints. What would be really good is more custom paint region templates added so future paints can be even better. Maybe that's not too much to ask for since allegedly a new one got added last halloween IIRC. I just know a lot of creativity is being fucked over by (practically) only being able to use the mapping regions added in JI and the winter 2017 case so maybe we could get more god tier shit if there was more variety in that area.
  • New unusuals for weapons is a pipe dream people move on :)) And do you really want the new normal to be 7 new unusual effects for weapons every holiday update? Because that's what's gonna happen.

Whatever other fixes added will probably be fine

#RevertMvMInspectBlock

Edit: oh yea maps, I only play dustbowl so I don't care :D

• Like 1

Just give us a csgo style storage container to put things in, let us buy as many as we want. But make it so that everyone can inspect them and they are tradable. So you can store say 3000 keys across 3 storage boxes and then trade them, would make the 3000 bp space so much easier to manage and high key trades easier 

• Like 2

Any new weapon mechanic at all.

I really couldn’t care any less about new hats, effects or taunts there’s billions of those already and it’s not like they actually add anything they’re just cool for a bit and then they’re not when the next update rolls in 

Please valve. Just 1 new weapon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

it's valve. we're gonna get a couple bug fixes, a couple tweaks that SLIGHTLY help with the bot problem, a handful of garbage community maps, a handful of ugly ass forgettable unusual effects, a handful of ugly ass community cosmetics, and a handful of ugly ass community warpaints with only the elite grade looking any good.

I'd love a massive bugfix list, actual fixes for the cheating problem, strangifiers for the weapons that still can't be strange, etc. I'd also kill for a new contract campaign, they seem so stupidly quick and easy to add why the fuck has Valve not done more when it'd be an easy 100K+ sales of the campaign pass for every single one?

Pipe dream? New weapon unusual effects sure, but new Killstreak effects would be dope. Valve would make a pretty penny too, you know how many people would be dumping cash into TOD tickets if they added new sheens and KS effects? Think like white/magenta/cyan sheens and then new eye effects like hearts and shit.

I really wish we could go back to pre-warpaints when skins were made for specific weapons though. Skins were way more interesting when they had unique designs tailored to their weapon rather than just being the exact same 1-2 textures applied over the whole weapon.

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree we kinda don't need more unusual hat effects.  It's out of hand now.  I do love the idea though for new KS effects!  Great thoughts everybody!

For Unusuals I hope we only get a small handful of them. Around 5-6 like we got at Christmas? We don't need 33 different effects like we got last Summer. Which was 11 effects with a whole load of different colored variants.
Also stop adding effects with 10 different colored variants in to the game. Just stop. Nobody asked for a firework effect with 7 different colors. Just pick one FFS
Also DON'T make the summer effects restricted to the Summer Cases. Allow them to be unboxed from every case for a while, just like at Halloween

2 hours ago, Talerian said:

Also stop adding effects with 10 different colored variants in to the game. Just stop. Nobody asked for a firework effect with 7 different colors. Just pick one FFS
Also DON'T make the summer effects restricted to the Summer Cases. Allow them to be unboxed from every case for a while, just like at Halloween

While I do like having effects with 2-3 colour variants, the fireworks can get in the bin in that regard - all my loadouts are colour themed and it's sad seeing a cool effect that I like only being available in 1 gross colour. 

Even with them only being able to get them on the 1 case of hats, trying to get a specific hat with a specific colour at a reasonable price sounds about as fun as shoving your hand into a blender - and they're absolutely mid tier effects imo but demand god tier prices

10000000% agree on the last one though

11 hours ago, Slam said:

but new Killstreak effects would be dope

Please no I haven't finished getting all the combos on handshakes and it's getting prohibitively expensive already ;-;

all-class wizard cloak/robe

why do we have like 30 magician hats and no magicians robe - besides that pyro one.

5 hours ago, RicK mai said:

all-class wizard cloak/robe

why do we have like 30 magician hats and no magicians robe - besides that pyro one.

YESSSS, THE FACT THAT I CAN'T CREATE A PROPER RUNESCAPE COSPLAY IN TF2 AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IS SO SAD

I know it's already been asked for but...

GOD PLEASE JUST ONE NEW WEAPON

And the community bug fixes.   

And a couple or more new weapon crates with some new stranges for weapons that don't already have or just re-release some old ones that are stupid expensive like Gunslinger & Machina. 

They could make so much money on this.

Everything else I expect them to add anyways, maps, hats etc.

14 hours ago, Ranx said:

I know it's already been asked for but...

GOD PLEASE JUST ONE NEW WEAPON

And the community bug fixes.   

And a couple or more new weapon crates with some new stranges for weapons that don't already have or just re-release some old ones that are stupid expensive like Gunslinger & Machina. 

They could make so much money on this.

Everything else I expect them to add anyways, maps, hats etc.

i dont think we need a balance change,besides a few weapons i think the game is overall balanced