Any suggestions for how long/ how many votes to leave a price suggestion up?

FlapJacksWithButter

I got a 87% success rate on my last suggestion with 24 people but it rejected my suggestion. Help?

Am I missing something or did you close that suggestion, because it says you did.

Also feels like a range would have been good on that particular suggestion.

image.png.6e9d529fcfc092f24f49699d545e31c4.png

votes do not matter for suggestions and haven't since the days that suggestions were getting 500+ votes a piece regularly.

Most people just go through the suggestions list and spam click up-votes for free site rep.

1 hour ago, FlapJacksWithButter said:

I got a 87% success rate on my last suggestion with 24 people but it rejected my suggestion. Help?

That makes you understand how little votes matter on suggestions. It's up to the price moderators to accept or reject suggestions, considering your reported sales, proof, market situation for the specific item you are suggesting for and so on.

Votes are pointless. Even if you have a 0% success rate, if the mods agree with your line of reasoning and stats, you're still good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlapJacksWithButter said:

I've had 95% of people upvote my suggestion and fail. I've had one where 47% of people upvoted and it succeeded. Votes mean nothing apart from giving you reputation.

• Like 1

My reasonable guess is that 90% of people voting here don't even read what the suggester wrote

https://backpack.tf/help/suggestions

Things to keep in mind

Evidence must not be cherry-picked. If an item is easily selling at a price outside of your suggested range at the current time, you should seriously reconsider if your suggestion is valid. Your suggestion might end up being closed if wiser users opposing your suggestion point out a list of active trades well out of the range you suggested

.If someone questions your range, it means that the moderator can directly close your suggestion.

15 hours ago, Heidecker said:

Am I missing something or did you close that suggestion, because it says you did.

Also feels like a range would have been good on that particular suggestion.

image.png.6e9d529fcfc092f24f49699d545e31c4.png

Yeah, I closed it because I thought there was enough data to accurately and safely change the price. But now taking into consideration how the system actually works...

15 hours ago, Xaeriel said:

It's up to the mods I guess 🥴 Did the prices change while your suggestion was up?

No, none of the prices have changed, do you have to wait for the mods to change them to close the suggestion or am I dumb?

Do you have to wait for a mod to close it for it to be a valid suggestion?

2 hours ago, FlapJacksWithButter said:

Leaving suggestions open when they dont *need* to be, just wastes the mods time. If you think you should close it, close it.

If you are waiting for an input from a mod because you need their advice, then yes, obviously wait.

^this reason is exactly why if you don't *need* your suggestion to be open, you should close it.

3 hours ago, FlapJacksWithButter said:

No, none of the prices have changed, do you have to wait for the mods to change them to close the suggestion or am I dumb?

No, mods will eventually accept your suggestion. That will cause the price to change. Looks like this https://backpack.tf/suggestion/644d43b580182943e900bbf2

You closing it yourself does nothing except, well, close it.