Why I'm dreading a massive update

AwesomeSause

1. Because I'm poor

2. Because all the warpaints are the same

3. It'll fuck the economy for real if theres a new unusual weapon effect

4. I'm scared of change

5. I have FOMO

22 minutes ago, ParticleCreator said:

They will never add something new, includes weapon effects. So don't worry mate, we are all fine

Can't react so will thumbs up here 👍

• Like 3

they don't even need to create new effect, they can just fix energy orb and reintroduce it (which still 99.999999999% not gonna happen)

4 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

3. It'll fuck the economy for real if theres a new unusual weapon effect

We are never getting a major update. We will never get anything outside the occasional map and community made microtransactions. You don't have anything to worry about lol

• Like 2

valve has no interest in making money from any source except lootbox gambling and skin cases. or anything that isn't dota.

does anyone have that video/quote of gaben saying "it doesn't make dota or counter-strike money" in an interview or something?

On 5/2/2023 at 1:13 PM, AwesomeSause said:

> 3. It'll fuck the economy for real if theres a new unusual weapon effect

someones been on the quaaludes again

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Snailiad said:

someones been on the quaaludes again

The big man would walk a mile for a 

QUAALUDE

Have a look at the Steam Workshop, the quality of the content featured there since the announcement of the Summer Update should help to ease your mind.

It seems like a lot of folks just threw stuff together in a hurry for this update in hopes that they could get Self-Made goodies out of it, regardless of how mediocre it is.

• Like 2

First of all
(1)  You don't have to have money to enjoy tf2 (aside from getting a premium account) otherwise don't spend money you don't have

(2) True but a very few have something that is different from the others.

(3) The only new unusual effect we ever get are more hat or taunt effects. But even if there was a new weapons effect it wouldn't destroy the economy. 

(4) Change is inevitable and we just have to accept it or work together to try to fix it.

(5) There really wouldn't be anything crazy you'd miss out on except new maps.  Anything more like getting contracts or balance changes is out of the question.  (That i know of)

I wouldn't stress out about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlovicChief said:

First of all
(1)  You don't have to have money to enjoy tf2 (aside from getting a premium account) otherwise don't spend money you don't have

(2) True but a very few have something that is different from the others.

(3) The only new unusual effect we ever get are more hat or taunt effects. But even if there was a new weapons effect it wouldn't destroy the economy. 

(4) Change is inevitable and we just have to accept it or work together to try to fix it.

(5) There really wouldn't be anything crazy you'd miss out on except new maps.  Anything more like getting contracts or balance changes is out of the question.  (That i know of)

I wouldn't stress out about it

That's true 👍

3 hours ago, Blk_Mage_Ctype said:

Have a look at the Steam Workshop, the quality of the content featured there since the announcement of the Summer Update should help to ease your mind.

It seems like a lot of folks just threw stuff together in a hurry for this update in hopes that they could get Self-Made goodies out of it, regardless of how mediocre it is.

Yeah, it's just furries and Weebs slapping shit to a wall to get "haha cool community effect"

I dunno about furries and weebs submitting cosmetics because I haven't really seen much content on the workshop which seemed distinctly relevant to their interests, but I will say this much...

In all honesty, I think that those within the community with the skill to make cosmetics have run short of ideas and are just sort of making things because they stand to make money from it.

I rarely even bother to check the workshop anymore because it's just filled with derivative designs (we have enough top hats, peaked caps, baseball/trucker caps, and wizard/witches hats already) or just random off-the-wall stuff that's original, but stupid.

Like, who wants to wear a stack of pizzas on their head? Did the creator even think about how desirable such a hat might be before submitting it?

On 5/5/2023 at 3:45 PM, Blk_Mage_Ctype said:

I dunno about furries and weebs submitting cosmetics because I haven't really seen much content on the workshop which seemed distinctly relevant to their interests, but I will say this much...

In all honesty, I think that those within the community with the skill to make cosmetics have run short of ideas and are just sort of making things because they stand to make money from it.

I rarely even bother to check the workshop anymore because it's just filled with derivative designs (we have enough top hats, peaked caps, baseball/trucker caps, and wizard/witches hats already) or just random off-the-wall stuff that's original, but stupid.

Like, who wants to wear a stack of pizzas on their head? Did the creator even think about how desirable such a hat might be before submitting it?

1) how would they make money the community items are untradeable

2) Id wear a stack of pizzas. Beats any of the million random elf or antler looking hats