Community banned

AwesomeSause

For a comment, idk what I've said, who I've hurt but I'm just waiting to here back.

It's probably an old comment from when I was an irritating little 12 year old, I just hope it's not for a year or something.

Who's fucking kidding, it's me, of course it's going to be a year.

Can't even apologise to whoever I hurt either since I'm community banned. 

Yet another big website fucks me over.

I already told steam support just to see what they say, what else can I do right now??

There've also been a lot of auto-bans lately from some much stricter settings put on profile comments, most notably the phrase "added to (discuss) trade".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

There've also been a lot of auto-bans lately from some much stricter settings put on profile comments, most notably the phrase "added to (discuss) trade".

Oh man, I did put that one like one guys profile, but he was alright with it, and loads of other people say it on well known traders profiles

so that's a stupid fucking stupid ass weak ass stupid fucking useless function of steam lmao

19 minutes ago, Bonesssss said:

just wait for the response  from steam support, they will unban you dont worry

Thanks bro, I asked em really nicely but still waiting 👍

yeah steam support isn't as slow as people think it is. the only time they're slow is when they discard your support ticket lol. dont worry, assuming it was as much as an irritating/annoying comment (ive left several, intentional or not :P) you should be fine and they'll get back to you soon.

They still haven’t improved this dumb automatic comment detection huh.

In case you weren’t aware, just don’t mention anything about trading or selling or whatever in that area. You’ll get banned

Many people here already have

As others have said, its probably regarding use of the word “sell” in a comment. Steam has officially come out and said that the word “sell” pretty much violates steam community TOS, since it implies a third party transaction; ie cash. Use the word trade instead.

All recent community bans from this have been lifted within 24-48 hours of filing a support ticket, so you’ll be fine.

22 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

Thanks bro, I asked em really nicely but still waiting 👍

yo did you get it fixed yet? i just got banned as well after commenting on profile, simply asked if theyre selling something

15 hours ago, STEVE said:

As others have said, its probably regarding use of the word “sell” in a comment. Steam has officially come out and said that the word “sell” pretty much violates steam community TOS, since it implies a third party transaction; ie cash. Use the word trade instead.

All recent community bans from this have been lifted within 24-48 hours of filing a support ticket, so you’ll be fine.

im sure trade is flagged too, my first ban was also saying added for trade

1 hour ago, abcomputer said:

im sure trade is flagged too, my first ban was also saying added for trade

"Upon checking, the content that led to this account lock closely resembles a scam that is currently circulating on Steam. The comment posted was, "Selling my first unusual for a better one will probably regret later"

Whether this was intentional or not, please note that posting messages that can be confused as legitimate scams can lead to an account being locked in this fashion. Provided you aren't involved in account theft or scamming, there is no risk to the account other than having to go through the unlock process so that we can confirm the account is secure.

At this time, we've gone ahead and removed this lock. However, we'd suggest you avoid posting content like this in the future."

I commented on a group as well, that's nuts.

At least they gave you the exact comment that got you banned.

sell/buy/trade/inventory/backpack all banned now shits insane

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:30 AM, Zeus_Junior said:

At least they gave you the exact comment that got you banned.

sell/buy/trade/inventory/backpack all banned now shits insane

Mooooom! Steam is digging it's own grave againnnn!!!!!