steam chat doesn't give me mobile notifications anymore

Mr. Everett

I don't get message notifications from steam chat on Android anymore.

My notifications are on and the app is set to give notifications, but they never come and I make myself look like an asshole who ignores people's messages.

I currently have 2 computers running continuously, both on which i have logged into steam at some point, but neither of them have steam open atm so it shouldn't matter, right?

This started a couple days ago and I haven't changed any settings whatsoever.

help

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Everett said:

I make myself look like an asshole who ignores people's messages.

Issue on their part if they think you're an ass for having a life.

1 hour ago, Mr. Everett said:

My notifications are on and the app is set to give notifications, but they never come and I make myself look like an asshole who ignores people's messages.

I currently have 2 computers running continuously, both on which i have logged into steam at some point, but neither of them have steam open atm so it shouldn't matter, right?

help

So 2 things. 

1. I still have the Old steam mobile app and it constalnt says that "chat is offline". Idk skill isue or smh 

2. You use next... 

2 hours ago, Mr. Everett said:

help

To me, Steam Chat (I use the newer version) is extremely inconsistent. With offers and confirmations notifications there's no issue. With chat messages, it depends...sometimes the app notifies me, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think you running 2 pcs is the factor that causes your problem, but just for the sake of trying you can test if using 1 only will solve everything. This doesn't hide the fact that Steam Chat is extremely broken and needs several fixes, so, 99 out of 100, you aren't the problem here.

• Like 1

I heard whispers in cultlike groups that they're updating the UI or something so they probably took something else out by accident, in this case notifications 

1 hour ago, Colonel Johnson said:

To me, Steam Chat (I use the newer version) is extremely inconsistent. With offers and confirmations notifications there's no issue. With chat messages, it depends...sometimes the app notifies me, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think you running 2 pcs is the factor that causes your problem, but just for the sake of trying you can test if using 1 only will solve everything. This doesn't hide the fact that Steam Chat is extremely broken and needs several fixes, so, 99 out of 100, you aren't the problem here.

13 hours ago, Macioeus said:

1. I still have the Old steam mobile app and it constalnt says that "chat is offline". Idk skill isue or smh 

damn i thought my community ban triggered that but if other people have that it must mean they changed something and now it's gone for good. Still ain't gonna update tho lol that new app sucks.

29 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

damn i thought my community ban triggered that but if other people have that it must mean they changed something and now it's gone for good. Still ain't gonna update tho lol that new app sucks.

Ayo that's my man right there.