Unexpected response (0)... for 3 months straight

Salami_Hunter

My backpack has been stuck for 3 months due to "Unexpected response (0)". I have tried everything, I have refreshed my backpack several times on several different days. I have read a lot of the forums and found no solution other than someone manually coming and resetting it. My backpack is public and my account is working properly, backpack.tf can even see my CSGO backpack without a problem.

What causes this? Is there another solution other than someone manually fixing it?

edit: The issue got fixed! Although my question still stands - why does this happen and how do I prevent it in the future?

1 hour ago, Salami_Hunter said:

My backpack has been stuck for 3 months due to "Unexpected response (0)". I have tried everything, I have refreshed my backpack several times on several different days. I have read a lot of the forums and found no solution other than someone manually coming and resetting it. My backpack is public and my account is working properly, backpack.tf can even see my CSGO backpack without a problem.

What causes this? Is there another solution other than someone manually fixing it?

edit: The issue got fixed! Although my question still stands - why does this happen and how do I prevent it in the future?

There is a refresh script, if that helps. It automatically tries to refresh your backpack as soon as cooldown ends (every 3 minutes).

If you can afford to leave your pc running, it's worth having. You can also have it run in the background.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salami_Hunter said:

Nah, I don't feel like thats needed. Just wanted my backpack updated. Thanks a bunch tho!

You want your backpack updated but won't use the solution??

????

????

????

valve cut off the the ability for apis or something to view backpacks in an effort to harm the economy and reduce trading. this will lead to an economic drought and eventually give valve a reason to shut the game servers down. valve will state that tf2 was not bringing in profits like dota or cs:go to major gaming journalists, when in reality valve has shortened the amount of updates, failing to update the anticheat and ban cheaters, outsourced cheaters to develop automated cheating bots and reducing trading to a halt. mark my words.

• Sad 1

the api is really slow, so you have to refresh your backpack a lot to access steam's database. I've personally found that running tf2 sometimes helps. because you posted this, a lot of people visited your backpack and the volume of api requests helped your backpack to load

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:56 PM, abcomputer said:

You want your backpack updated but won't use the solution??

Why should I be using a script to spam up the servers constantly just so I can view my backpack?