Suggestion for the site.

ModdedGeneration

Im sure this has been asked 1000 times, but i wanted to ask for my own curiosity. So now a days i'm starting to see more and more "Trade with humans not bots" etc etc, would it be possible to maybe make a feature on the site to filter by bot and human? Like its fairly easy to figure whose a bot, so would it work to make a filter option of either just wanting quick trade bots or actual humans? 

• Like 2

the ones making the rules are profiting off the bots

bots gotta donate to get slots, donations go to moderators

and besides the bot infestation is so rampant that actually culling them would dramatically slow stuff (check sellers on anything that isn't unusual... its all bots)

so yeah... this will never happen imo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ModdedGeneration said:

Im sure this has been asked 1000 times, but i wanted to ask for my own curiosity. So now a days i'm starting to see more and more "Trade with humans not bots" etc etc, would it be possible to maybe make a feature on the site to filter by bot and human? Like its fairly easy to figure whose a bot, so would it work to make a filter option of either just wanting quick trade bots or actual humans? 

On next.backpack, bots are labelled with "BOT" on their listings. May not be an official filtering feature, but can help.

Bot.jpg

17 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Boy you really hate it here huh

nah its a great game and everyone except a tiny little fraction of traders are pretty good to work with

sadly that tiny fraction has spent a decade trying to consolidate all trading to be them, their bots, and their 3rd party sites

those folks, those are the ones I dislike

rest of you is cool.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Beef said:

Competition = better prices

plus instant trades are convenient 

better prices = lower margins = less profit for non bot users. 

Competition lowers the prices of an economy, it does not make it better for a trading economy.

14 hours ago, Colonel Johnson said:

May not be an official filtering feature

It is the last filter when you expand the search fields.

23 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

It is the last filter when you expand the search fields.

Didn't know that, cool.

6.png

5 hours ago, STEVE said:

better prices = lower margins = less profit for non bot users. 

Competition lowers the prices of an economy, it does not make it better for a trading economy.

Chill Warren Buffett, competition is good for the consumers which so happens to be most of the player base. 

Your first wrong step is trading in this game for profit or trying to get larger margins on widely available items. Even if bots couldn't trade the prices for keys, tickets, paints, common hats, taunts and other items would be just as "bad" as it is now with longer wait times on trading. 

11 minutes ago, Beef said:

Chill Warren Buffett, competition is good for the consumers which so happens to be most of the player base. 

Your first wrong step is trading in this game for profit or trying to get larger margins on widely available items. Even if bots couldn't trade the prices for keys, tickets, paints, common hats, taunts and other items would be just as "bad" as it is now with longer wait times on trading. 

This is a forums for a trading website, so the question was addressed from a trading standpoint, not a consumer standpoint.

I think the bots are great for low tier items, such as keys etc, as you are right and the general consumer does gain something from the convenience of this.

However, the average consumer isn't interacting with bot x's undercut listing for a 300 key unusual, and that is where a lot of people have issue with the bots--which was more in line of what I was talking about.

I don't think anyone mentioned specifically low tier items.