Pyro Secondaries

getfunky!

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Pyro Secondary do you use?

Trying to work out a Pyro loadout for myself since I recently became pretty beast with the guy. YES HE IS A GUY

Obvious Degreaser-Axtinguisher for the other two slots. I was testing my secondaries out yesterday, and I can't decide which one is better, the Shotgun or the Flare Gun. In practice, the shotgun can meatshot burning enemies pretty easily since you're already close enough if they're on fire anyway, and it's also hitscan; but it's not effective at long range. The Flare Gun crits on burning enemies (90 damage isn't really much of a crit, at least compared to the Axtinguisher's 195), and it's a viable long-range weapon if you're accurate enough, and it reloads much much faster than the shotgun; but it's a projectile.

I don't know; is one better than the other, or are they just separate weapons for separate playstyles?

EDIT: Just putting it out there that I like the Shotgun more

Ew, Degreaser/Axtinguisher :I  

Probably the most boring way to play pyro other than W+M1.  

Stock/Degreaser + Detonator + Homewrecker = Pybro

Stock/Phlog + Shotgun + Powerjack = Roaming Pyro

And lastly Degreaser + Reserve for dicking around with, pick your melee.

I personally prefer the powerjack over the axtinguisher, that speed boost is essential to chasing down burning enemies and securing the kill, not to mention the overheal potential.

I personally prefer the powerjack over the axtinguisher, that speed boost is essential to chasing down burning enemies and securing the kill, not to mention the overheal potential.

But you're prone to increased damage if you're not careful.

That's personally what shied me away from the Powerjack.

That's called balance, there's a downside to everything if you aren't careful.  Powerjack is meant to let you hit your running burning targets and take health, letting you stay in the battle for longer.

Reserve Shotty, or Flare Gun.

I really can't decide between these 2. Help? It's the same problem as soulfood, but with the mini-critting wep.

The Pyros secondaries are the probably best of all classes. But every thrower but the Degreaser soesnt take advantage of them.

Reserve Shotty, or Flare Gun.

I really can't decide between these 2. Help? It's the same problem as soulfood, but with the mini-critting wep.

The Pyros secondaries are the probably best of all classes. But every thrower but the Degreaser doesn't* take advantage of them.

I'd personally take the Flare Gun over the RS, but only because the RS only has 3 shells per clip. I like to think of the Reserve as a riskier alternative to the Shotgun. If you can blast/rocket them into the air and get those mini-crits, more power to you.

Flare Gun / Scorch Shot.

Even though Scorch Shot has less damage, when it hit onto an enemy, it acts like a rocket and ignite enemies within a radius. Easy to use.

That's called balance, there's a downside to everything if you aren't careful. Powerjack is meant to let you hit your running burning targets and take health, letting you stay in the battle for longer.

Which is why I pointed it out.

I'd personally take the Flare Gun over the RS, but only because the RS only has 3 shells per clip. I like to think of the Reserve as a riskier alternative to the Shotgun. If you can blast/rocket them into the air and get those mini-crits, more power to you.

RS has 4 shots since a few weeks now (and 5 seconds mini-crits instead of 3). And it's banned in HL now (at least ETF2L).~

• 2 weeks later...

Shotgun's prolly your best bet. Flare gun is nice at long range, but shotgun's more useful for pyro v. pyro and demo's with the chargin' targe, and the RS is kind of cheap with pyro IMO. If you not being serious, scorch shot's fun to be a total dick to snipers with.

scorch shot is only useful when youre using the phlog because of its "blast radius" its super easy to get full mmph with it and then you just press G and melt fully overhealed heavies in 1 sec

Archived