This account has been locked for posting or upvoting suspicious content on Steam

average femoby lol

Yup, had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Just contact support and they'll get to you within 24 hours (though I heard it could take longer). Of course, if you posted a scam link then yea you'll get banned.

Got banned a few weeks ago cause I posted this:

dadf.jpg

More and more people are getting locked out of their accounts lately, Just contact support and the situation will be remedied within 2 days on average

Happened to me this week. Ban was lifted after a day since I contacted Steam Support but I still don't know what caused the account to be locked

Happened 3 weeks ago to me too. Within 2 hours they unlocked account after messaging. I asked to buy someones Sandman's and it got marked as suspicious but if you prove you're not a scammer they unban you. :)

2 hours ago, drmietek said:

Happened to me this week. Ban was lifted after a day since I contacted Steam Support but I still don't know what caused the account to be locked

If you go to someone's profile and ask to buy something they label it as a scam. Honestly its strange

2 hours ago, drmietek said:

Their automatic detection is fucking stupid that’s what

ya'll really missing the point imo

posting on someone's steam profile in 2023 asking to buy stuff

1) spam

2) exactly how scam bots reach their targets

if someone doesn't have an item listed for sale, you have 0 entitlement to talk to them/add them/etc.

if they have it listed, just send a friend req or a trade offer

should they lock accounts for using inefficient technique? probably not, does it really matter if you aren't spamming for no reason? also probably not

5 hours ago, average femoby lol said:

just got this message when I opened steam, I haven't done anything tho...

that's exactly what a double agent would say. neutralize em, brothers.

1 hour ago, LaughingLollipop said:

1) spam

if someone doesn't have an item listed for sale, you have 0 entitlement to talk to them/add them/etc.

should they lock accounts for using inefficient technique? probably not, does it really matter if you aren't spamming for no reason? also probably not

nerd-face-emoji-clever-emoticon-with-glasses-geek-student_3482-1193.thumb.png.76d9818087efb84e5a834d9fb88718a9.png

1 hour ago, LaughingLollipop said:

The problem with this logic is that nearly every large trader has "Comment why you want to add me or else ill ignore" in the profile description. Its common courtesy to explain why you want to add someone these days, especially given the scam bot epidemic. Also not everyone has their trade link setup. And I agree that you are not entitled to add someone for something not listed, but you also shouldn't be banned for 24 hours or more because you simply tried to reach out to them.

30 minutes ago, STEVE said:

The problem with this logic is that nearly every large trader has "Comment why you want to add me or else ill ignore" in the profile description. Its common courtesy to explain why you want to add someone these days, especially given the scam bot epidemic. Also not everyone has their trade link setup. And I agree that you are not entitled to add someone for something not listed, but you also shouldn't be banned for 24 hours or more because you simply tried to reach out to them.

I guess I just don't bother, haven't had my profile open to non-friends in 5+ years because of scam link spam

I'd say we're not too far off steam just saying 'nah' and removing the ability for non-friends to make profile comments all together

Can't imagine they're adjusting the algo for no reason, peeps keep getting scammed by links/profile post bots

This happened to me a couple weeks ago, and then again a couple days ago. I woke up this morning to find my account  unlocked by steam support.

Just contact them and they’ll fix it. 

10 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

1) spam

A significant portion my ritzy rick collection was acquired from adding/commenting profiles of who didn't have anything listed for sale. It never hurts to ask nor should anyone feel like they have no right to simply speak to someone out of fear they might be banned. You never know if you can buy something if you never ask.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 9:20 PM, Kolt said:

This happened to me a couple weeks ago, and then again a couple days ago. I woke up this morning to find my account  unlocked by steam support.

Just contact them and they’ll fix it. 

Kolt it just happened to me again bruh. how long will it take for the 2nd time?

15 hours ago, abcomputer said:

Kolt it just happened to me again bruh. how long will it take for the 2nd time?

oh damn, shouldnt take more than a day or two

also I sold the rotation to someone else, but i'd be willing to work out another deal for a different item of mine when you come back