What happened to locking function?

Whislash

A few days ago I created a post on cash trading forums. Like I was normally used to, I wanted to lock the topic since I sold the keys and didn't have any more to sell, but noticed that the option to lock a topic was missing. It wasn't a big issue, so I let it go. But today I wanted to unlock a different post (on Artist Lounge, which I locked myself) and also noticed that I cannot unlock it either. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that long ago before I could lock or unlock posts and now it's an issue, since I don't know if I should just create a new post instead. But more importantly, am I smoking or is the locking function gone?

The only clue I have is the recent post in this subforum where moderators were locking the post and topic creator was constantly unlocking it. Not sure if related.

In a nutshell it seems like people used to be able to, then people found out it didn't actually do anything, and the mods pulled a valve and instead of fixing it removed it all together. If you want something locked PM a mod.

1 hour ago, man with the bird said:

In a nutshell it seems like people used to be able to, then people found out it didn't actually do anything, and the mods pulled a valve and instead of fixing it removed it all together. If you want something locked PM a mod.

I am aware of that topic. The thing is, even this year I know I was able to lock/unlock posts myself. Even the post I mentioned is from March 27th/closed on March 28th, so surely the function must have been removed/turned off just recently