TF2 interp + few other questions

Kamasakis

Hi all,

i wanted to ask few questions regarding TF2 config.

Most of the time i try to play as a Sniper, i have good FPS, pretty good laptop i5 processor, 4gb ram, Radeon HD 5650 gpu. Recently re-installed windows, so i used my previous TF2 configs/options. I newly  added commands to remove gibs and ragdolls.

1. Everything should feel/work as it used to. But i have this weird rocket/sticky lag. When i play as sniper etc, trying to aim and dodge rockets, the rockets or stickys lag for me, rockets sometimes freezes for a sec or less, unfreezes when i already gotten a hit from them.

Not sure where to look for a problem. 

I usually play in servers with 25 or less ping. I got good stable internet connection.

2. I use interp 0,033. Also currently my interp command located in autoexe.cfg Can interp command be placed to class .cfg files? etc:

for soldier/demo i could use 0,01555, for sniper/scout 0,033? When i change class in-game would it be "activated"? Or is it one time "activation" per game? (if i load sniper interp first, it would stay as 0,033, even if i swap to soldier, until i restart the game/server?).

3. Is there any commands to make smoke/flames more transparent? It's kinda hard to focus, with sniper, while few heavies, using huo-long, pyros grilling scouts, soldiers spamming with beggar's bazooka, while all of them are in front of me, and i try to headshot pesky engineer. etc :D

I would be grateful for any worthy information and tips...

Thanks for reading.

for projectiles you want the lowest interp possible, and experimentation has proved that 0.034 interp is optimal for hitscan. However, this is all personal preference. I for one snipe with as lowest interp possible, just dont really hit as many shots with higher interp. 

As to address your rocket/sticky lag, you could be losing packets of info in between, but the connection is still fast so it shows good ping. 

Interp can be placed in cfg, just that you have to be in spectate/out of game when you exec your cfg.

In order to update it when you switch a class, you would have to first go spectate and then go soldier or go to spectate and manually exec your soldier.cfg

There are a few custom fps configs that change the look of fire drastically, might want to look into that. It is possible, I definitely know that.

Archived