Low and unstable fps on good pc!

maimoon

Hi! 
I came back to the best game ever! But I faced serious troubles with FPS. It’s low and VERY unstable. 
Me specs:

Intel core i5 2,6

16GB RAM

GeForce 850m

Please help!

Thanks😄

• Sad 1

I hate to tell you, but that gpu is 8 years old. A GTX 850M is a 2014-release laptop gpu and won't perform well even on low settings, especially in servers with players using warpaints or unusuals.

Use the mastercomfig link posted above and use all the performance settings. I'd honestly consider running the game at 1280x720p as well.

yea..... ima be honest..... that's a really weak system in todays specs

Best thing to do would be to update your system and use the mastercomfig linked above and using 1280x720p, also don't run in windowed/borderless as that can also reduce frames.

7 hours ago, maimoon said:

Hi! 
I came back to the best game ever! But I faced serious troubles with FPS. It’s low and VERY unstable. 
Me specs:

Intel core i5 2,6

16GB RAM

GeForce 850m

Please help!

Thanks😄

sell your profile picture to get money for a new pc :D

while tf2 is running in background, open task manager, search for hl2.exe (in users or details)....right click....set its priority to high and deselect cpu 0 in affinity.

this works fine on my 10+ yr old i3 with gpu and new one with i5 + no gpu 

• 2 weeks later...

In my steam group, I have a thread started on command line options to limit graphics usage.  There is also a website for modifying the game itself, to limit the quality of the graphics.

Comments about your system being too old are invalid.  Your video card is as old as mine and yet I am able to game just fine.  The issues are likely software related.

Steamwebhelper on your task manager may be throttling your processor as well, check your task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL).  You can utilize your task manager to manually reduce the priority of tasks which are using too many resources.  RAM also plays part with the game, so if you are under 3GB of RAM, with other programs running in background, your hard drive might be hashing with virtual memory which is a bottleneck.  Then there is the Windows 10 issue as well, if you have that installed on older hardware, you might be better suited to downgrade to Windows 7.

Leave me a PM if you want to speak about your system config.  Discord has a Screen Share option, so I can see what you see and can walk you through different steps to diagnose poor PC performance.  There are so many different variables to consider, it would make this response a book.