Haven't been able to trade with any bots for a week

shreksouthouse

anyone else getting this issue? for the past week and a half i've been trying to sell stuff to bots, but I get "Failed to load your inventory. Please try again later." every single time. Maybe there's a workaround for this I'm not aware of? 

Recently Steam implemented insanely harsh rate limits (something like 4 requests per hour) for loading other users' inventories, that's why bots keep failing now. You as a customer can't do anything it about it, unfortunately. For bot owners there are no relatively easy workarounds. They either need to purchase and implement many (100s or 1000s) proxies to bypass these limits themselves or use a paid third-party API for loading inventories.

2 minutes ago, MunchyBot said:

Recently Steam implemented insanely harsh rate limits (something like 4 requests per hour) for loading other users' inventories, that's why bots keep failing now. You as a customer can't do anything it about it, unfortunately. For bot owners there are no relatively easy workarounds. They either need to purchase and implement many (100s or 1000s) proxies to bypass these limits themselves or use a paid third-party API for loading inventories.

well, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

• shreksouthouse locked this topic