Man I've had enough of this...

I_Am_Tortilla

1156670889_whymust.png.e478ea012c49d67866ea3e8f50aab56f.png

Just bought this hat yestreday for 60 keys, b/o was at 58.21. Today b/o is less than half of what it used to be... this is the 2nd time this shit happened and it really makes me wanna stop trading. Why is this even a thing???

Use gladiator.tf to view the history of buyorders (and sell orders) for the unusual. It will allow you to determine the average buyorders, how much they fluctuate, if they have recently gone up/down, and whether or not the unusual is worth purchasing.

• Like 1

Just don't buy blindly without looking up sales and prices of the unusual as well as other effects of the same hat and if you are still unable to price any unusual, checking sales of other same tier effects with the same hat can be very helpful. Buy orders can often be too low or too high, as long as you quickbuy based off what the hat can reasonably sell for, you have nothing to worry about because it will sell sooner or later. Also, Like SoundDrout mentioned, Using Gladiator Time Machine, Check past stats of the market for that hat to see if the buy orders are inflated or are they at the usual price, In case they are not inflated and there still is a drop in buy orders, Don't panic you just need to wait for buy orders to come back to where they usually are.

• Like 1

Buyers have been at 50+ keys for a while now, they even went up to 65 at the end of october. Just give it a few days and they will probably be back, bots don't have pure for listings all the time. Also don't buy stuff only because it has good buy orders if you don't plan to dump it immediately.

10 minutes ago, Heidecker said:

Buyers have been at 50+ keys for a while now, they even went up to 65 at the end of october. Just give it a few days and they will probably be back, bots don't have pure for listings all the time. Also don't buy stuff only because it has good buy orders if you don't plan to dump it immediately.

Nah, they won't be back in a few days, I have this other unu, 2 moths ago the same thing happened to it, and b/o is still like 10 keys lower than originally.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Astonished 1

49 minutes ago, SoundDrout said:

Use gladiator.tf to view the history of buyorders (and sell orders) for the unusual. It will allow you to determine the average buyorders, how much they fluctuate, if they have recently gone up/down, and whether or not the unusual is worth purchasing.

I will from now on

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me a few times in the past. My crazy theory is bots can somehow sense that a hat was bought for a low price and they drop the b/o so the new owner will panic sell to minimize the loss

2 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

bot buy orders alone means next to nothing,why are you worried about them?

low tier trade server moment

• Like 2

8 hours ago, I_Am_Tortilla said:

1156670889_whymust.png.e478ea012c49d67866ea3e8f50aab56f.png

Just bought this hat yestreday for 60 keys, b/o was at 58.21. Today b/o is less than half of what it used to be... this is the 2nd time this shit happened and it really makes me wanna stop trading. Why is this even a thing???

Don't let buy orders be the end all be all. It's still 1 of 1 in market and you can decide how to price it.

• Like 2