did this rich guy try to scam me?

newtrader291

hello so i was selling my professional killstreak diamondback to this rich guy and he prov was trying to scamm me he was sending me really skeatchy trading websites and he also didnt want to use backpack.tf or other trusted site intead he send me a weird tf2 trading site that look bad quality he wanted me to log in for a reason when logging in it dindt automaticly put my info into logging screen it wanted me to log in whit my info but whit real steam logging it automatilcy logs me in.so when i checked the site reviews and how mutch stars it was giving it was full of terrible comments like guys saying its a scamm and it had a 1star .heres some screenshots

proof 3.PNG

proof.PNG

proof 2.PNG

scammer rich asf.PNG

Abstract
This post was recognized by Abstract!

karma miguel was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

My boi “n” would never, I’m 99% sure that’s an “imposter” posing as him to get your trust. (Love you n)

1 hour ago, karma miguel said:

My boi “n” would never, I’m 99% sure that’s an “imposter” posing as him to get your trust. (Love you n)

dud i swear i added him but he unadded me

15 hours ago, newtrader291 said:

dud i swear i added him but he unadded me

This is a really common scam, so I'd be doubtful that a high-profile trader would attempt this. However, if you no longer have the chat window, you can verify the identify of this user with your chat logs. You can view your message logs @ https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog

Go to your chat with this user and click their name. This will take you directly to their steam profile page. You should be able to tell if it's an impersonator (check inventory) but if you're having difficulty with that, copy their profile page's URL and plug it into steamrep.com and retrieve their ID64. You can paste that directly into backpack.tf's search bar (sometimes vanity URLs work too, this is just more reliable) and verify the user's identity.

Either way, this was an attempted scam, so assuming you'll follow up and provide the right evidence, you should make a report in backpack.tf's issue tracker so the account can be reviewed. I would recommend you report the account after you've verified their identity though. A report is essentially an accusation, and not one to be taken lightly, so proceed accordingly. Aside from the extra work for the mod team, no one likes being falsely accused of fraud. An incorrect report lets the scammer run around unmarked for longer.

If you're still having trouble with this, you can reply here and I'll help you as best I can (for clarity I'm NOT staff here, just a guy who likes TF2), or you can message a member of the report team and I'm sure they can help you as well. Good luck!