Backpack.tf's new ui

Royalcake

Hello.

Trying the new ui i became uncomfortable doing my daily routine.

I'am wondering if its posible to keep the "old" inferface forever?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Royalcake said:

Hello.

Trying the new ui i became uncomfortable doing my daily routine.

I'am wondering if its posible to keep the "old" inferface forever?

Not forever, sadly. As you can see from the Returning User FAQ in the new site, admins plan to dismiss the old layout in the future.

Screenshot_20220926-132012_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, Colonel Johnson said:

Not forever, sadly. As you can see from the Returning User FAQ in the new site, admins plan to dismiss the old layout in the future.

Screenshot_20220926-132012_Chrome.jpg

Im not ready to let it go

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Im not ready to let it go

Good news, at the current pace it will still be active for another 2 years.

• Like 2

I haven't seen any at all besides me. I surely can't be the only one who really likes the new site? It's a lot faster and the new filters just make everything so much easier on the classifieds and searches. The listing archive is great and for someone who isn't always using bots to manage sales, it's very convenient to be able to temporarily hide listings instead of having to rewrite them. The only thing that I'm kind of iffy about is the general look/style, but I think that's just a matter of preference.

3 minutes ago, Pyroman said:

I haven't seen any at all besides me. I surely can't be the only one who really likes the new site? It's a lot faster and the new filters just make everything so much easier on the classifieds and searches. The listing archive is great and for someone who isn't always using bots to manage sales, it's very convenient to be able to temporarily hide listings instead of having to rewrite them. The only thing that I'm kind of iffy about is the general look/style, but I think that's just a matter of preference.

I would like the website if it actually worked. I can't even type in an unusual effect without it crashing.

5 minutes ago, Pyroman said:

Or maybe keep the og style and fix the problems instead of making a new one, cmon 

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Or maybe keep the og style and fix the problems instead of making a new one, cmon 

as a web dev, let me tell you that it's not that simple. if the admins specifically said that there were "fundamental problems" with the old site, that means that the website's engine/general design is some serious spaghetti. That's something that you either work around for years and end up with things like this:

Or you just burn that shit to the ground and start over. Remember that bptf was started over 12 years ago by just 1 guy who maintained it for a long ass time until scraptf bought it. The site was very obviously meant originally as just a "better" price spreadsheet and backapck viewer than the alternatives, and it was done as a passion project and not as a serious business. Thus, very few of its features were actually considered in the core of the site and most of them are built on the seams. As a result, most operations on the site are very slow and expensive on the server side, and I'm certain that there are many legit security concerns as evidenced by the recent DB wipe.

10 minutes ago, Abstract said:

I would like the website if it actually worked. I can't even type in an unusual effect without it crashing.

That's weird, I haven't found any bugs like that. Or do you mean that it takes its time to do the searches and hangs for about half a second?

2 minutes ago, Pyroman said:

That's weird, I haven't found any bugs like that. Or do you mean that it takes its time to do the searches and hangs for about half a second?

If I type anything in the particle filter I can't do anything on the page until I refresh.

1 minute ago, Abstract said:

If I type anything in the particle filter I can't do anything on the page until I refresh.

Maybe you should fill in a bug report. I do get a small hang (~0.6-0.8 seconds) when I use it but it doesn't render the page unusable. Maybe it's platform specific?

1 minute ago, Pyroman said:

Maybe you should fill in a bug report. I do get a small hang (~0.6-0.8 seconds) when I use it but it doesn't render the page unusable. Maybe it's platform specific?

I haven't bothered since development of the new website seems to be on pause right now. Any bug report/feedback is falling on deaf ears.