Who can see http://tf2finance.com/keys/ source data?

KingOfHeart

I asked some questions about it in a previous thread I made. Base64, who maintains the tf2finance site just so happened to post on the thread. Unfortunately, he seemed to refuse to answer my questions and just linked me to some other thread that contained some cryptic information about tf2finance. In essence, he told me to find out how it works by myself or ask around. Now I'm basically gathering any information on tf2finance, whether it may be true or false, and hopefully he'll answer back to verify any information I may have gathered after I'm finished. Hopefully this will help people on how to interpret the data tf2finance gathers accurately in the future.

If you wanna know what I gathered so far, you can add me on Steam and I'll be more than willing to oblige.

Was wondering about that the other day. Also even if the source data is sound, there could be problems in the algorithms they use. Like for example, if you use tf2op as source you cannot guarantee that an empty trade has made no sales, people just add to negotiate, and the same goes for hidden posts and so on.

Do they track the ownership of such items (keys, and buds) i.e. there was a trade post by user A and user B commented, and now the item that was in user A's possession is now in user B's bp? Or perhaps the dada could not be sound if they take the description as being trust worthy, that is, if the seller says "sold 45 at 4.66" would they take that as granted.

Even then. The untracked data could well be substantial enough to weigh the results in a completely different direction. The same kind of bias toward explicit "added" comments, and seller's comment about how much they sold as proof is present here in backpack.tf price voting.

Said that, there could be all kind of problems in their detection algorithm (do they look for certain words, like "added", in a post?) that leave many more sales unregistered.

For me, unless you're seeing VALVe's database of transactions is just a somewhat informed guesstimative.

Was wondering about that the other day. Also even if the source data is sound, there could be problems in the algorithms they use. Like for example, if you use tf2op as source you cannot guarantee that an empty trade has made no sales, people just add to negotiate, and the same goes for hidden posts and so on.

Your whole post is irrelevant because the system doesn't even detect outpost description/comments.

Your whole post is irrelevant because the system doesn't even detect outpost description/comments.

As far as we know, we know nothing about this. I mean just saying nope, means nothing, you could just be fabricating the data, or using some clever algorithm... we don't know unless you can convince us it's trustworthy.

So how does it work then?

As far as we know, we know nothing about this. I mean just saying nope, means nothing, you could just be fabricating the data, or using some clever algorithm... we don't know unless you can convince us it's trustworthy.

So how does it work then?

Read the posts on the website itself.

You have a right to not trust it. It is still in beta

Yea I would like to know how it can derive data from tradings sites/forums. For buds.

It's known that key data is from the buds tracking data so just got to know about the buds,

He tends to ignore those questions. And looks like he just ignores the question or states one flaw to the comment and then continues to ignore the question.

The data from the few trade servers its hets data from is obvious.

Read the posts on the website itself.

You have a right to not trust it. It is still in beta

I haven't found any post that would allow me to access the data in a way that if needed i could corroborate his results, even if that implied implementing a version of this myself. I mean how he extracts his data is unknown, how can we know he is not manipulating it. Nor have I found any article that would allow me to corroborate his model to see if it makes sense or not, independent of the data. If you have any article that actually address that, then please link it.

And thank you for remembering me of my rights, also I would like to reserve the right to distrust even when it goes out of beta :P

I haven't found any post that would allow me to access the data in a way that if needed i could corroborate his results, even if that implied implementing a version of this myself. I mean how he extracts his data is unknown, how can we know he is not manipulating it. Nor have I found any article that would allow me to corroborate his model to see if it makes sense or not, independent of the data. If you have any article that actually address that, then please link it.

And thank you for remembering me of my rights, also I would like to reserve the right to distrust even when it goes out of beta :P

You have the right 2 bear arms 2. Just don't amputate a bear.

Well, lets put it this way. Outpost's evidence is solid at current price or above. Finance is slightly below Outpost at almost all times.

Since it is below outpost it is hard to see how it would ever manipulate prices. See keys going down soon anytime?

Archived