Add buy order over 3000 keys

TVirusTGP

Hello Backpack community,

If backpack.tf adds a way to place buy orders over 3000 keys the market could grow in a currently unforeseen way, in my opinion. Marketplace.tf allows buy orders over 3000 keys but it is not the primary site to exchange items since keys are drastically overpriced compared to other sites.

Suggestions

Add items to be placed as the highest buy order.

Pros

- Allows the market to change on its own without giving preference to people who own more "liquid" items

Cons
     - The market could have a big adjustment in prices
     - More buy orders could be placed since it would allow items to be listed for highest buy order price

or

Allow certain items to be placed as a buy order. (Golden pan, Earbuds, Max's, Bill's, fixed amount items).

Pros

- Allows the market to adjust without as drastic of a change as above option

Cons
     - Will give players who own more liquid items a big boost in value

This would be a big step to add more value to items.

What is your opinion?

- TVirus

• 1 month later...

I think the main issue with allowing the offering of more than 3,000 keys is that it then requires trust as the seller now has to trust that the buyer will deliver the additional keys beyond 3,000 or that the seller will trade the items for the last batch of keys. To avoid enabling scammers and to ensure that most trades are possible, Brad purposely limited what you can offer to how many you have in your inventory. On the other hand, we allow sellers to ask for more than 3,000 keys. I suppose offering more than you have could be a new type of listing and anything above 3,000 keys would have a disclaimer cautioning sellers to proceed at their own risk.

• 2 months later...