Pink Taco hijacked

Alex From Security

If you think about i though, speaking for Mattie's case, it was pretty ingenious to get steam to hijack the account.

I've been hijacked and got my stuff back in a week

Am I lucky?

Also with all these phishers around I guess the hijack rate is up.

"When I grow up, I wanna work at Steam Support and actually get people their shit back!"

If you think about i though, speaking for Mattie's case, it was pretty ingenious to get steam to hijack the account.

Takes more of a confidence trickster to pull off social engineering like that (some balls to talk to and convince them using voice, all the while sounding legitimate) --- compared to the recent phishing bots which are probably launched by some guy in a room with a bot (or maybe an army of bots) at his disposal, with just some clicks of the mouse.

Is it confirmed then that he is hijacked by social engineering?

It really sucks to loose a 18k backpack, I hope it ends up well for him

One thing is for sure though, if this guys BP is restored fully, thats gonna be a lot of dupes being passed around.

One thing is for sure though, if this guys BP is restored fully, thats gonna be a lot of dupes being passed around.

no doubt, a friend of a friend just had his account hijacked through a phishing link (he signed in) - so there's dupes of that stuff going around too.

Valve should just remove the ability to add URL links on steam chat. Like what Google does in YouTube.

If they had bothered get rid of phishing they would have done so ages ago. 

Simply place a warning and/or mark when it isnt a link to a official steam website (what most trading websites do already) would fix it instantly.

Instead they decide to change around their steamguard when it's pretty obvious that it isnt that hard to bypass Ie. hackers can bypass it easily while the honest trader is locked out.

If they had bothered get rid of phishing they would have done so ages ago. 

Simply place a warning and/or mark when it isnt a link to a official steam website (what most trading websites do already) would fix it instantly.

Instead they decide to change around their steamguard when it's pretty obvious that it isnt that hard to bypass Ie. hackers can bypass it easily while the honest trader is locked out.

Or they should warn people on the Steam Homepage

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks for a hijacked account is too much

Well maybe it is more complicated than just a simple phishing link hijack?

Archived