how to start a collection?

cappysodacap

I wanna try and start a collection of axtinguishers, or really axtinguishers or postal pummelers, so im mainly looking for tips on collecting stuff in general. thanks!

I have a collection of homewreckers. It started by a guy giving me 10 strange homewreckers after unboxing them all in a row. Idk you just gotta buy them. But everything that is interesting in the tf2 economy has shot up way in value. For instance, I bought my two collectors homewreckers for about 10  keys each a couple of years ago. A collectors extinguisher will cost you like 50 keys now.

However, if you aren't looking for interesting items (glitched, collectors, chemistry kits, spelled,ect.) a good place to go to get a large number of unique ones is scrap.tf. You can basically exchange any weapon for any other weapon. I also got most of my vintage and strange ones from the steam community market, but that requires scm funds and i dunno if you wanna drop real world money on this.

I can say my collection wasn't built up by being a savvy trader, it was from being a massive fucking whale.

This is true with all my collections, not just TF2. I'm not out combing garage sales for epic finds or trying to haggle for each bit and bob; Instead, if I find something I like for one of my collections at a price I am willing to pay and have the money for it, I buy it. It's that simple.

3 hours ago, Electroencephalograph said:

I have a collection of homewreckers. It started by a guy giving me 10 strange homewreckers after unboxing them all in a row. Idk you just gotta buy them. But everything that is interesting in the tf2 economy has shot up way in value. For instance, I bought my two collectors homewreckers for about 10  keys each a couple of years ago. A collectors extinguisher will cost you like 50 keys now.

However, if you aren't looking for interesting items (glitched, collectors, chemistry kits, spelled,ect.) a good place to go to get a large number of unique ones is scrap.tf. You can basically exchange any weapon for any other weapon. I also got most of my vintage and strange ones from the steam community market, but that requires scm funds and i dunno if you wanna drop real world money on this.

you can also buy unique axtinguishers on stn though it doesnt allow you to choose a weapon for some reason 

good luck on your axtinguisher/postal pummeler journey! you will inevitably do the same thing lucyfer did

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cappysodacap said:

I wanna try and start a collection of axtinguishers, or really axtinguishers or postal pummelers, so im mainly looking for tips on collecting stuff in general. thanks!

Hiya! Vaccinator Collector here.

Literally just.. the way I started was I opened a handful of steam accounts, expanded inventory to max, and set a buy order slightly higher than everyone else/other bots. Buy out websites (scrap.tf mannco.store are the two i mainly focused on emptying) aaaaaaaaaand yeah not much too it

• Like 1

Just.... go through Stn/Scrap and buy out those? You can also try out cash sites like mannco or marketplace. Or you could get a basic bot subscription on gladiator and set a buy order slightly higher then other bots, anyways good luck on your journy!