Tradebann scammed items

dareosthefishcake

A big proplem with scammers and scammed items is throwaway accounts. It is just way to easy to create a new steam account if the previous got banned. From what I have seen from item histories of scammed items is that scammers move the Items between throwaway alt accounts in order to then sell the item to quickbuyers from a "clean" account. My idea would be that an Item above a certain value is not allowed to be traded with once it got scammed. 

So lets say a person "Victim" gets scammed for his entire bp by person "Scammer". "Victim" now has lost XXXX$. But usually these XXXX$ are not evenly spread among the inventory. Most likely "Victim" had 2 or 3 really nice Items and alot of garbage. Now if "Victim" not only filed the report for the throwaway account but also for  his 2 or 3 banger unusuals and these scammed items would then be flagged via the item-id, "Scammer" would not be able to sell it to a trader even if using a new throwaway account.

This ofc only works if the report was filed and dealt with fast enough. It would make no sence to flagg the item as tardebanned after the item was traded to an actual diffrent person.

Let me know what you think about this idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

huge problem with this, there are so many people who don't use backpack, and a ton of markets that don't care about backpack.

• Like 3

Good idea, they will still be able to sell the stolen goods but on some cash sites or through the scm but this would help a lot with the convenience they had, because they used to dump everything to bots. If this gets implemented many big bot owners would cry really hard 

valve is the only entity that can apply trade bans

they couldn't care less about steamrep/this site/csgorep/whatever's report system or assessment of a situation

the vast majority of what is referred to as scamming is, in terms of the literal trade window warning, an individual gifting an item and regretting it

image.png.caeb3218314711d72ff5c39354a988d4.png

pic related

• Like 3

I don’t think trade banning an item is the solution. I would much rather have a scammer sell the item to a quick buyer who will circulate it in the economy again rather than the item being locked away forever. 

• Like 2

Hate to tell you, but most scammers ditch the items pretty rapidly, if said items have any sort of value to the likes of scraptf, its dropped near immidiately, they do not give a flying shit about the site underpaying, its just instant liquid keys.

These scammers take days to be banned on bp.tf even when they have 20+ -reps in a day and are reported how do you expect the items to be "flagged" before they even sell or change hands multiple times. And why should people be punished for buying an item that was scammed lets say 2 years ago. You would just introduce another meaningless tag on items that people would use an as excuse to pay less for like duped items.