Item history glitch

Astun

lol, I don't show my items at all

is it on the side of the backpack? or on the side of the valve?

35 minutes ago, RouzenZaker said:

lol, I don't show my items at all

is it on the side of the backpack? or on the side of the valve?

tf3 leak confirm???

yoooooo valve is merging tf2 item servers with tf3 beta? (real???) (valve redemption arc?????????????????????????????????)

now it is only for the memory of the backpack, it is duped, otherwise it is clean as a teardrop

16 minutes ago, Astun said:

the problem with the mining is i own 2 of them today i got duped hat which is currently clean

Good, now traders can't cry about some item being a dupe and trying to get a discount for it

• Like 3

this is huge sadness for me i've been super interested in knowing who unboxed the unusuals i own :(  (turns out i did keep a record of those that had entries at some point)

i also try to trade only for items that don't have sharks or scammers in their history.  rip that endeavor as well.

Couldn't a simple backup have prevented this? How can a 10 years old database be simply lost? Also that's not the first time we have item history loss. I remember I had such issues when the "Elasticsearch" was presented, but they were just for a few items. Of course nobody cared to fix this and my ticket got autoclosed. Since then, I knew I couldn't trust backpack.tf for keeping accurate history of owners, as if something gets broken, nobody would care to fix it. I use an older site as a "backup" for item history - tf2items, but sadly not a lot of people use it, so not a lot of the newer items are getting indexed there.

• Sad 1
  • Astonished 1

Due to the fact that the database was wiped, I technically own 79.23% of all vaccinators now according to backpack.tf o.o

Wow. I love that the compare feature is going to work now... 

I can't believe this has become a reality, as someone who has traded for low history items and kept for years this is somehow saddening, as sad as that sounds.. 

A different take on this is that it shows how rough of a spot they are in in terms of backups. I wonder what else we could lose to the exact same bug(s).

Now I don't have dates for when I got my oldest items. Near impossible to check when I got my first couple of unusuals etc. I'm happy I'm soon done with trading, because this is honestly just a bad look. 

Good thing is. Backpack.tf has a better work ethic than valve.

Gg.

8 minutes ago, Zoskapai said:

I can't believe this has become a reality, as someone who has traded for low history items and kept for years this is somehow saddening, as sad as that sounds..

A different take on this is that now all your items are the lowest possible history. Bittersweet I guess.

It looks like Item Stats is stuck at 2,754,396 backpacks. Last time I checked (approximately one month ago), the total number of backpacks was almost nine million.

Edit: Stats for my one of one Unusual Eerie Orbiting Fire Modest Metal Pile of Scrap hat are currently unavailable.

I've been tracking down items that I lost like 7 years ago due to a stupid scam, with the item history bugged I can't send the item history page as proof to the current owners of these items as to why I'm contacting them to buy them back.

I really hope this gets fixed soon as I already managed to buy back the one item that I was missing the most while doing this.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

I'm dumb when it comes to using stuff like this but, if I know the aprox. period of time where I want to check item history for, should I just start downloading the item history from that point?, like if I specifically care for stuff from Jan. 30th 2014, I should start downloading my history from that point, right?

On 6/10/2022 at 2:48 AM, Replicant said:

It looks like Item Stats is stuck at 2,754,396 backpacks. Last time I checked (approximately one month ago), the total number of backpacks was almost nine million.

Edit: Stats for my one of one Unusual Eerie Orbiting Fire Modest Metal Pile of Scrap hat are currently unavailable.

Bot offers seem to be more generous for my one of one Unusual Eerie Orbiting Fire Modest Metal Pile of Scrap hat after statistics became unavailable.

No idea if this will be fixed but item histories aren't being updated either. I gave my Max's Head to a tradebot and then traded it back; the bot's name doesn't appear in its history at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ctoer said:

I'm dumb when it comes to using stuff like this but, if I know the aprox. period of time where I want to check item history for, should I just start downloading the item history from that point?, like if I specifically care for stuff from Jan. 30th 2014, I should start downloading my history from that point, right?

This doesn't show item histories. The guy I replied to wanted to know when he got his oldest unusual and this tool (or just the script on the readme page) would be able to find that.