Seller refusing to talk, still bumps listing. Too soon to report listing?

CosmicBadger65

Made contact with a seller only looking for pure, his listing says he's negotiable on it. I've suggested multiple trades and he has not responded to me. I've sent an offer for more than 90% of his asking price in pure, he does't respond other than by making his inventory private temporarily, which just nullifies my offer. This has happened twice that way- his inventory becomes private hours after I send an offer, only to become public again soon after. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, give him time, but It's been over two weeks since our initial convo and he has yet to respond to me at all. It's a fairly large trade involving a lot of pure keys, and his inventory does not even have enough space to accept that many keys. I've let him know this, as I thought it was a possible roadblock in the trade. I have sent a new offer for his full asking price on it more than three days ago, he has been online since and has also bumped his listings since, and still doesn't say a word to me. I'm assuming that since the trade offer is still pending I can't report his listing yet. Anyone been in a similar situation or have any guidance? 

I believe if a seller is offered their full asking price in pure and it isn't accepted within 24 hours, you can report it. And I would say they are acting shady, as there is no valid reason for sporadically privating and unprivating your inventory.

He doesn't have any obligation to accept your offer unless you give him full pure.

• Like 3

As Koakuma said, you can report if they ignore your offer at their listed price if it has been more than 24 hours.

5 hours ago, Api said:

He doesn't have any obligation to accept your offer unless you give him full pure.

16 hours ago, CosmicBadger65 said:

I have sent a new offer for his full asking price on it more than three days ago

On 5/18/2022 at 6:05 AM, CosmicBadger65 said:

I've sent an offer for more than 90% of his asking price in pure

if it aint 100%, they aren't obligated to accept the offer

On 5/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, Keks said:

if it aint 100%, they aren't obligated to accept the offer

I was a 100% offer, I guess I should have started off by mentioning that first since a lot of people misread my post. Anyway, I've managed to finally get in touch with him. He's agreed to my offer, but seems he's doing some traveling for work and doesn't have access to his computer to launch tf2 to expand his backpack and move things around for another week or two. Hearing about this new trade exploit has me worried though. Hope it gets fixed soon.