[PSA] If you are recieving random phising messages (but no adds)

jjjon123

Check all the groups you are a part of for ones that are Public and have fewer than ~50 users.

Go into your groups tab on your friends list and look for this:

wKL8ZE1.png

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

EDIT: removed a lot of oooo from my l's because I don't want to get another warning post but this is hilarious

Glad you explained this bc it's been happening to me, however the smallest group I'm in has ~400 members.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

EDIT: removed a lot of oooo from my l's because I don't want to get another warning post but this is hilarious

i dont get it ._.

Seems I was wrong, phisers have found an exploit that allows them to send messages directly to people not on their friendslist or small public groups.

Was just going to post on this - keep getting chat messages from phishers without adding them as friends - sad to say but this may get people to bite on those links. Impressive hack through Steam TBH- always easy to dogpile Valve of course on their security, but this one is gonna cause some headaches.

Archived