Are unusual trade servers just for unusual trading?

Mr.demon kraken

I still don't understand this, when i used to go on them people would trade spells, unusuals and others. So why are they called "unusual trade servers" if they are used like all the rest of the trade servers?

23 minutes ago, TCLG6x6 said:

Usually just indicates some higher tier trading, doubt anyone is gonna scrapbank on there or sell their 5 ref hats.

I go to firepowered sometimes and buy Vaccinators.

They just kept the name from back in the day when regular trade servers were actually abundant and for trading and weren't just 20+ people goofing off on trade minecraft and not doing anything trade-wise. Back then you had unusual-only trade servers where you weren't allowed to advertise trading for anything unrelated to unusuals (or very very high tier non-unusual items, of which there were very few at the time), spells didn't exist at that time, and when they did come around they were surprisingly cheap and you could sell them pretty easily on lower end trade servers. I'm pretty sure I remember buying higher tier footprints miscs for like 2 keys back in the first year or so after we found out spells are permanent.

Once low-end trade servers died with the rapid fall of refined, traders that didn't want to have broke players begging them for items would move to the unusual servers where most of the population actually had the keys to buy these items. Unusual servers just kind of adapted and being more open to a larger range of high-value items being advertised and sold. Today, unusual trade servers are typically meant to only be for unusuals and any items that are worth more than a few keys; so spells, high-tier skins, low craft's, glitched items, whatever. You're not allowed to hop on firepowered and try to scrapbank or try to sell painted hats for 20 refined each or whatever. They just kept the name because there really isn't any better or easier way to say "hey this trade server is for high value items".

1 hour ago, TCLG6x6 said:

Usually just indicates some higher tier trading, doubt anyone is gonna scrapbank on there or sell their 5 ref hats.

I know what my purpose is now

Archived