New backpack.tf? Early phase?

Zoskapai

Looks/feel
I do not mind the way the new backpack is.it looks. 
It looks modern and in theory should be easier to use, due to fewer options.
This is also what limits it and will put me off from using it.

Limits 
When you hover over an item on "old" bp.tf you will find a fine selection of things you can do, 
for example "premium" allows you to check how many of the selected item is duped (without having a premium search)
This is extremely helpful for many, and especially spelled traders to find out how many of these items have 
a selected spell. 
Stats do not work the same as the old bp. tf where you could see the item historic of how many there are in existence.
Something helpful to find out how many there legitimately are of one item over time. (Finding real amount in existence).

Valuing of items/currency
(Where does my backpack rank?) - just funny to keep track of, even though it's far from accurate.
I've also not found an option to change the pricing of my inventory's currency from USD to keys for example.
I understand this may be a user issue/skill issue and I would perhaps just need more time to explore the options.

Pros
Looks awesome and modern, this will get more people to get into the bp. tf trading scene simply because of its 
interface and it's user-friendly/clear instructions for newer traders. 

Cons
The criticism mentioned above^ and weird for old bp.tf veterans. 
Is something to get used to over time!

Now I understand that this might be an early phase or beta phase.
But I still feel like mentioning it, just in case this is something
they have simply forgotten to add, and/or get some closure of this being added later on.

Feel free to add ontop of this or criticize my opinions, I want to see every view on this change!

(As soon as I had posted this, I saw that it is, in fact in beta. Everything I said still stands, but take everything with a pinch of salt)

2 hours ago, Zoskapai said:

I've also not found an option to change the pricing of my inventory's currency from USD to keys for example.

image.png.2d4f314d1d42ffc333551b746555e73c.pngyou can change it there

image.thumb.png.96d9ecdd0993314ce3adce444046df7c.png

very cpu intensive,jumped my cpu usage from 13-16 percent to 76 before dropping to 68

whoever coded that should take optimization lessons and be sentenced to only use dual-core computers for a year

9 minutes ago, Breacher said:

it looks alright, y'all just used to old one smh

Exactly. Sure thing, I like the "old" one far more, but I guess with time Id say the exact same with this one and if there theoretically would become another one in the future.
Its all about what we're used to.

That number could be extremely flawed. Let's imagine 30 of them would have ended up in a private inventory, this numver would only show 140. The graph on the one one is miles better in my personal opinion.

45 minutes ago, Zoskapai said:

That number could be extremely flawed. Let's imagine 30 of them would have ended up in a private inventory, this numver would only show 140. The graph on the one one is miles better in my personal opinion.

Yes one of the other threads mentions bringing back the graph which I support.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, Zoskapai said:

Looks/feel
I do not mind the way the new backpack is.it looks. 
It looks modern and in theory should be easier to use, due to fewer options.
This is also what limits it and will put me off from using it.

Limits 
When you hover over an item on "old" bp.tf you will find a fine selection of things you can do, 
for example "premium" allows you to check how many of the selected item is duped (without having a premium search)
This is extremely helpful for many, and especially spelled traders to find out how many of these items have 
a selected spell. 
Stats do not work the same as the old bp. tf where you could see the item historic of how many there are in existence.
Something helpful to find out how many there legitimately are of one item over time. (Finding real amount in existence).

Valuing of items/currency
(Where does my backpack rank?) - just funny to keep track of, even though it's far from accurate.
I understand this may be a user issue/skill issue and I would perhaps just need more time to explore the options.

Pros
Looks awesome and modern, this will get more people to get into the bp. tf trading scene simply because of its 
interface and it's user-friendly/clear instructions for newer traders. 

Cons
The criticism mentioned above^ and weird for old bp.tf veterans. 
Is something to get used to over time!

Now I understand that this might be an early phase or beta phase.
But I still feel like mentioning it, just in case this is something
they have simply forgotten to add, and/or get some closure of this being added later on.

Feel free to add ontop of this or criticize my opinions, I want to see every view on this change!

We Become What We Behold

I have got the same problem. but now it's ok. thanks for your ask

Archived