Are non-english trust valid?

Mr.demon kraken

ahh yes every country that natively speaks English are to be trusted. hmmm interesting thought, not sure about those Brits though they are quite pokey when it comes to trading.

I would take it into consideration, but I wouldn't do cash trades with him unless there were actual valid looking trusts in English along with it that substantiates doing the trade

But yeah, they are valid, if you mean whether they count as actual trust

How is this a question? What the hell is wrong with you?

I speak Spanish and if we would do a cash trade you wouldn't even notice. 

54 minutes ago, Erik999 said:

Non-english scam attempts are rejected, so asking about trust. 

1 hour ago, Captainfluffy said:

ahh yes every country that natively speaks English are to be trusted. hmmm interesting thought, not sure about those Brits though they are quite pokey when it comes to trading.

Non-english scam attempts are often times rejected, so decided to ask about trust. 

2 hours ago, Erik999 said:

I think you're taking this the wrong way; its not meant to be like, racist or anything.

7 hours ago, Erik999 said:

Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Steamrep and in some instances backpack themselves can be a bit finnicky when it comes to trade chats done in a separate language and do at times get rejected for reasons surrounding that.

Clearly wasn't meant to be anything regarding race, it was simply a question.

Anybody can speak 2 languages.

Trusts are only as trustworthy as the person leaving them, regardless of what language they speak. A non-English trust isn't inherently any less valid, but if you're not able to translate and dig into the person's history to see if they have a good reputation, you have to act accordingly. Same can be said for a non-English speaking person trying to evaluate an English speaker.

Yes, the language of the rep is irrelevant. You may decide to not consider a rep valid if you believe it is fishy, but the language in which it is written doesn't have to be a factor there.

If you are trading using something outside of the Steam trade window, I would advice against doing so with someone who does not share a common language with you. You are making an agreement and it is important that you both understand what you are agreeing to. If the translator service they decide to use changes the meaning of the agreement, this will create a misunderstanding. This may cause the other party to agree to something you did not mean to say.

If you can do it in english, please do.

It makes moderating for us and background checking for anyone else just so much easier. Also reduces the risk of it being removed or your report being declined. If no mod speaks the language we generally don't want to image-translate everything.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:59 PM, damnman said:

Some years ago I got a ton of rep removed because they weren't in english

I looked and all your removed positive rep from years ago was just invalid, not for language reasons

Archived