Just lost over 200 Keys to this guy.

Over

Just lost a lot of money lol, putting this out there so this doesnt happen to any of you guys.

This was deffo a targeted attack lol, he grabbed my steam API Key and then someone went on my account, changed my name and profile picture to "Trade Banned", then me panicking thought i had ACTUALLY been banned for some reason,

this coupled with alot of my friends messaging me confused aswell didnt help, then this guy in particular started helping me and i thought he was genuine, but of course not lol. Pretty sure hes the culprit as he unfriended me at LIGHTNING speed after.

I sent a trade offer to my friend but he was on my account and cancelled it and sent an IDENTICAL trade offer to one of his alt accounts i assume, ofc i was panicking so i didnt clock it was going to a different account, and Just like that *poof*, hard work gone lol. Make sure this shit dont happen to any of you guys lol. Bro even took my battery canteen ahahahahahah, that shit is like 3 ref wtf. Anyways, Happy trading.

All Screenshots Below:

image.png.1de160c983eff4a1a26099ad1065e9a7.png

image.png.72f5a9d24b55749895b091333535bb93.png

image.png.22a178c17c043b9d140854fff50c2321.png

image.png.62cc0dfe4fa4f13a0c747e49b7cc9c49.png

image.png.c9d3bd7ffd13c4d2c9cea8347d4f4a54.png

image.png.084e33b394b6dbdd9b790a856e75f376.png

image.thumb.png.d011b905a70ad5fed03b4ac6d9693716.png

image.thumb.png.0c5255ae51bfe265069d364fd51333c9.png

Oh, if you guys ever run into this, just remove your Steam API Key, and change ur password and you should be fine, thats all i had to do but i f'ed up bigtime. I figured this out AFTER i lost my inventory lol.

Also to take the cynical realist point of view your forum post will help people to not fall for this as much as the prior over 9000 forum posts on the exact same thing did

5 hours ago, Over said:

Oh, if you guys ever run into this, just remove your Steam API Key, and change ur password and you should be fine, thats all i had to do but i f'ed up bigtime. I figured this out AFTER i lost my inventory lol.

To be completely safe, you likely need to change more than just that one password. As if you use that same password for anything with that username or your email address, they'd also be considered compromised.

When you say he was on your friends list, does that mean that's what happens when you add one of those people thqt copypaste +rep good guy messsages on your comment section

DON'T CALL BACKPACK.TF AT 3AM GONE WRONG

1 hour ago, Shocked said:

new backpack.tf challenge (impossible) - try and go one week without seeing a "I got scammed" forum post

Holy these scammers are pushy. I don't want to victim blame, but if someone is THAT pushy it's probably a scam.

21 hours ago, Over said:

Oh, if you guys ever run into this

Nop, all these people get blocked before they even reach me

Sucks to suck, never trust anyone online, its that simple.

Someone sends you a link? Don't click it.

Someone wants you to vote for their team? Scam.

Someone is trying to pressure you? Scam.

Someone is trying to gain your trust quickly? Probably a scam.

Someone adding to buy your backpack or something for more than its realistically worth? Scam.

If something seems off, there is always a reason for it, never trust anything and always do research first.

28 minutes ago, Zodiak said:

no wonder why people with glasses are better than people are blind

Some blind people wear glasses.

Yeah bro almost the same thing happened to me. Someone texted my and said that they had “accidentally” reported my and I was going to get banned and so I did what he said and lost all my stuff and my account but I was able to get my account back but none of my tf2 stuff. Ppl be wild with how they scam ppl 

Archived