Practicing Rocket Jumps

Bellsproot

I enjoy playing Soldier a lot, and the primary reason for that is rocket jumping.

A problem I face is consistently doing jumps that I want, particularly with rollouts. Process is a map I enjoy rocket jumping on, and rollouts aren't too hard on it.

Now for the questions: What are some good maps to practice rocket jumping on, besides jump maps, and what are some good jumps to do on them? (i.e. Mid to Spire on Badlands)

I also have another problem. i'm part of a UGC Iron team, and I main Soldier. The map this week is Gravelpit, and I wanna practice jumps there, but whenever I make my own server for the map, it gives me the developer commentary, which won't let me damage myself. How do I get rid of the commentary so I can practice? I already tried putting "map cp_gravelpit" in the console and I got the same thing.

Neither do I.

Don't feel bad just today I asked if these specific two miscs can clip together, when it was obvious.

If you're practicing how to kill with market gardener you cant get better practising on tr_walkway

If a rollout for a specific map just go to that map and keep doing it until you are familiar

2Fort is good to practice market gardening. It's pretty good to practice rocket jumping too. Good for combos mostly.

did you really say process has the easiest soldier rollout

it should take you maybe 10-15 seconds to get from spawn door to mid going the fastest way, probably closer to 10 (I never learned it myself) and it is hard as fuck

the best way to practice rocket jumping is jump maps: you can find a list of the best and most populated servers at http://teamfortress.tv/servers 

most importantly, you need A TON of repetition to get your muscle memory down. I'm not lying when I say that it took me about 500 hours of soldier before I felt completely comfortable rocket jumping around, and I still fuck up a lot. you'll know your muscle memory is down pat when you can nail 27-damage rocket jumps 9/10 times and ctap with a 50% success rate (rough figures)

Archived