How to get into trading?

LocalFatass

I have very little experience with trading, and I would like to get into that a little bit more after around 700 hours in game.

I would like to know how to check and offer suitable prices and basic things about trades.

If any of you could give me advice I'd be very happy to discuss and ask questions if you're willing to help me out. 

Its hard to imagine how to get into trading freshly nowadays since I got into it many years ago, which is why I often bring up a point that high tier traders Imo wouldn't really know how to start from 0, with 0 experience either, since we already have experience, hard to imagine ourselves in that situation in which we don't. If we made like a trading series and started from 0, we'd prolly just go with the flow and it'd naturally work out 🤷‍♂️

Idk about getting into trading, but I'm into you

You can watch tf2 youtube trading videos,just remember that 30% off or 40% off tech were vanished to the shadow realm (i do kinda miss it tho)

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

You can watch tf2 youtube trading videos,just remember that 30% off or 40% off tech were vanished to the shadow realm (i do kinda miss it tho)

Tech?

I got my trading experience thru my bro. Types of scams, ways of profit, etc. It's like 5 years worth of knowledge so I'm like a veteran now (Even though I started trading last year.)

Now for your question, I always go to scrap.tf auctions. Since there's a chance that a good item will pop up often. Keep a lookout on that. And go to stntrading.eu. There are sometimes painted hats there for stock price.

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

technique

Oh... Well still tho, there was no technique, people apparently needed money way more than they do now 🤷‍♂️

also, quick note

when you first get into trading you always have the mindset of "haha im not that stupid theres no way ill get scammed like the others"

until you get scammed the first time

be suspicious of everyone and everything (because thats what happened to me)

13 minutes ago, hyro said:

I advise not to get into trading as you won't get any bitches that way.
If you want proof look no further than crimsons profile

Defamation and you will be speaking to my 299.9 lawyers that I've gotten due to the pure grind and no time for women.

1 hour ago, hyro said:

I don't get any bitches either :(

2 hours ago, hyro said:

2 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Defamation and you will be speaking to my 299.9 lawyers that I've gotten due to the pure grind and no time for women.

Crimson is my fav wife what are you talking about 😏😏😏

7 hours ago, LocalFatass said:

I have very little experience with trading, and I would like to get into that a little bit more after around 700 hours in game.

I would like to know how to check and offer suitable prices and basic things about trades.

If any of you could give me advice I'd be very happy to discuss and ask questions if you're willing to help me out. 

I added you on steam, i dont have much experience but i can give you some advice about low-tier trading and answer your questions.

Step one: get steam guard (mobile authenticator) set up if you haven't already

Step two: this: https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/66240-updated-oct-2020-guide-all-in-1-guide-trading-basics-scrap-to-unusual-all-kinds-of-scams-how-to-avoid-them/

ESPECIALLY read the part about scams

If you're starting with the current contents of your backpack and your goal is profit, I'd recommend not getting into trading honestly. These days everything's so dominated by bots that the only effective way to make gains is by finding good deals that slip past the bots, and knowing what is/isn't a good deal comes from spending a lot of time keeping up with what things are selling for. And then when these deals do come up, often you'll have a number of other people chasing the same deal. It's a lot of work for very insignificant amounts of money.

buy keys, 20-50 is fine and start buying items for cheap, and sell em for higher 

along the way find a couple of experienced traders to help mentor you, ask them questions about anything your curious about

get rich, easy

Archived