Mods, you need to step up your game.

Aszrix

A few weeks ago, I made a rating for this user https://backpack.tf/u/76561198972015511 for attempting to scam me using a fake website deposit scam(succeeded), with proof and everything, 2 days later I just receive the default "hello, your report for ... Has been removed as it did not contain any evidence." However, the bad rating the scammer has let for me, claiming that I 'posted fake negative reps without proofs' somehow is staying up.( I don't even know what to say, if you check his ratings, people have fell for a similar scam by him.) This is just ridiculous, any good rating that was left for me get removed instantly due to 'no evidence' while proofless ratings on other people's profile stay?

https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198452228435

This is disgraceful, am I not in the right here?

I'm outta here.

IMG_20211217_062302.jpg

You reported it 2 days ago and yours happened to be one of the ~10 left out of 90 yesterday that hasn’t been looked at yet

Technically that screenshot doesn't have the quality of proof required IE full screenshot while hovering over the accused's name.

On a funny note, I like how he reported yours but not https://imgur.com/5qLijIc which arguably has less proof. Or the even funnier happened and he did report it but mods said that was fine and yours wasn't.

4 hours ago, Aszrix said:

I just receive the default "hello, your report for ... Has been removed

The main problem imho is that you're confusing reports and trust ratings. Even when you're quoting BPTF system message which apparently was " .. trust rating has been removed ".

Yes, negative trust ratings are widely used to warn other users about obvious scammers accounts because it's much easier than creating a report, but only because most scammers do not contest these trusts. The proper way has always been to make a report by clicking on the red flag icon.

1 hour ago, Xaeriel said:

On another note why would you give your items to a complete strangers then tell mods to "step up their game" 🥱

💀

despite what's been said already, just feel greatful that it wasn't too much you got scammed out of, some literally get scammed out of hundreds 

6 hours ago, chimiandchong said:

I've had a report that hasn't been touched for almost a week lol

A week? dont come back unless its been half a year

3 hours ago, Breacher said:

how are ppl still falling for such scams bruh

Being 12-15 years old is a hell of a drug

• Zeus_Junior locked this topic

Archived