Question about wrap-trading

Melusine

The Dangeresque, too? - Is it still able to be gift-wrapped? 

I noticed that the mannco catalog sometimes shows that items can be wrapped when they in fact can't. 

// PS. If you know anyone who's got a wrapped pair that might be for sale, I'd appreciate if you could tune me up. :)

You can giftwrap it but it will be still untradable, (unless you wrap one of the glitched tradable ones)

They removed the glitch allowing the trading of untradable items years ago though you can still find some wrapped pre-update from time to time.

If you're looking specifically for the Dangeresque, you're better off buying a pokernight steam key from a game key site and unlocking it legit as buying the prewrapped item is far far more expensive.

2 minutes ago, Vincentius said:

You can giftwrap it but it will be still untradable, (unless you wrap one of the glitched tradable ones)

They removed the glitch allowing the trading of untradable items years ago though you can still find some wrapped pre-update from time to time.

If your looking specifically for the Dangeresque, your better off buying a pokernight steam key from a game key site and unlocking it legit as buying the prewrapped item is far far more expensive.

I've thought about that, but the price of keys have shot up since the game was taken off steam, and a lot of the sites are sketchy as hell and don't offer refunds. 

Although I suppose it might still be the better option.

9 minutes ago, Melusine said:

Although I suppose it might still be the better option.

Given how this is the only one for sale - https://backpack.tf/item/988628709 and is asking 303 keys while the steam key is still under 90$, if you find a reputable game key seller it would save you money and allow you to get the other items.

If youre just looking for the shades, if you have any friends willing to family share poker night you can always get the acheivment through that (or just use sam on the family shared copy)

Just buy a Poker Night key off some random website, they usually are fine. I ordered the full GTA trilogy from one right after Rockstar took them down and I had zero hassle/issues. Just make sure you get the US version and not GLOBAL, as I'm 95% sure the global ones won't work in the US.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:47 PM, voven1 said:

If youre just looking for the shades, if you have any friends willing to family share poker night you can always get the acheivment through that (or just use sam on the family shared copy)

I've heard about Steam Achievement Manager, although it always seemed very dodgy to me...

Do you have any personal experience with it?

17 hours ago, MailDaemon said:

I've heard about Steam Achievement Manager, although it always seemed very dodgy to me...

Do you have any personal experience with it?

Yeah Ive personally used it multiple times, I did it for TF2 back in high school and for both poker nights in more recent years 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Voven1/games/?tab=perfect.

Ive also had multiple friends do it for tf2, even one of them using it once to get all the acheivments then much later going back and setting all the achivements to locked to he could earn them again.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:17 PM, voven1 said:

Yeah Ive personally used it multiple times, I did it for TF2 back in high school and for both poker nights in more recent years 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Voven1/games/?tab=perfect.

Ive also had multiple friends do it for tf2, even one of them using it once to get all the acheivments then much later going back and setting all the achivements to locked to he could earn them again.

I might consider it then, I was always hesitant to tamper with stuff like achievements

I got the Black Rose legitimately before AVA shut down, but if it's still possible to do if for the Poker Night games by getting them via third-party sites, I'll give Steam Achievement Manager a chance so I can nab the other cross-promotional items.

Thanks for your reply, I'll feel better about using SAM after you've vouched for it :)

Archived