Top backpacks list

Satan

Alright I'm gonna be honest, I care way too much about my spot on the top backpacks list. And people with private backpacks (some of whom I know and that I know have sold their items off) are needlessly holding the slots on the list when they don't have the item. Scammers are debatable whether or not they should be on there but I'd guess leave them because they do actually have the items. Really what in trying to say is remove people with private backpacks on the too 100 list. It does get really annoying and I would love you with all my heart if you changed it. I love the site and anything that would make it better would be great! Thanks for reading :)

I agree that scammers shouldn't be on the list, but it's debatable whether private backpacks should.

I think there are more reasons to remove private backpacks than public scammer backpacks.

If people make their inventory private, they most likely have a reason to do so, to be private. So why would they want to be in top list anyway. And as OP said, after a while there is no way to know if they actually still have the items. The list is not supposed to be a museum for the highest ever recorded backpack.

So I think the OP has a point.

Maybe a compromise would be to remove them after 2 weeks of having a private backpack.

Maybe a compromise would be to remove them after 2 weeks of having a private backpack.

What is that a compromise between?  I'm not against removing them, I just don't understand the 2 weeks delay.

Hehe, I was thinking about trading my entire backpack to each of my alts, then making each alt private so that I would have like 20 of the top 50 backpacks.

What is that a compromise between?  I'm not against removing them, I just don't understand the 2 weeks delay.

Between not removing them at all, the current system, and removing them immediately when they are detected as private, the suggested system. A compromise that may equally serve both interests instead of just one.

Removing with a grace period allows you to have a backpack private for a short while. Obviously not while trading, but there are reasons to have a private backpack temporarily, and I am sure there are more arguments for not removing immediately.

I say remove both; listing scammers sets a bad example and listing private backpacks is highly counter-intuitive when you cant see the packs

Removing with a grace period allows you to have a backpack private for a short while. Obviously not while trading, but there are reasons to have a private backpack temporarily, and I am sure there are more arguments for not removing immediately.

I hadn't thought of temporary stints, thanks.  But even if they make it private temporarily, wouldn't they want to make it private on the site too?

Well I think the whole idea of top backpacks is for reference, so I dont think either should be removed.

Now, if someone with a private backpack requests it, then yeah, it should be taken down.

There should be options to choose from. The list as it is now, the list without scammers, the list without private backapcks.

You can still see the private backpack person's last couple snapshots by selecting the backpack history.

A lot of the top private backpacks have cashed out and have nothing left

• 1 month later...

You can still see the private backpack person's last couple snapshots by selecting the backpack history.

Yea my friend, alot of them have cashed out and have nothing left, and are just sitting on their slot up there :o

I suppose if you can provide ample proof they have nothing in their pack of value then you can remove them from the list

also, lol at you owning my old buds. funny how things like that arent worth anything unless someone famous owns them.

So why did Long218 make his pack private the day he was banned?

I suppose if you can provide ample proof they have nothing in their pack of value then you can remove them from the list

also, lol at you owning my old buds. funny how things like that arent worth anything unless someone famous owns them.

That the thing with private bags though, you cant provide proof they have the items and therefore they shouldn't be on the list. The list is for people who are open about what they have can prove they have it, again I could just put all my items on alts private them and then have slots 6-100 on the list. Also I'm not that famous...am I?

If you removed the Private & Scammed backpacks, I would be under 2100. And be very happy. So yeah, lol.

That the thing with private bags though, you cant provide proof they have the items and therefore they shouldn't be on the list. The list is for people who are open about what they have can prove they have it, again I could just put all my items on alts private them and then have slots 6-100 on the list. Also I'm not that famous...am I?

You could add them and ask them! And you're pretty legendary as far as spycrabbers go ehe.

You could add them and ask them! And you're pretty legendary as far as spycrabbers go ehe.

and why would they take the time to tell you? or tell the truth? and would you want to do that for each and every one? And I guess as far as spycrabbers go :P

Archived