Considering Unusual Trading

knavesmith

I got what I came here for thanks to Scorchen. You guys can stop spamming my thread now.

I would appreciate it if a mod locked this thread.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Unusual_effects#Unusual_effects

1st Gen - Green Fetti - Circling Heart (Most loved and popular effects. Always try to go for these effects.)

2nd Gen - Bubbling - Blizzardy Storm (Not so well loved effects, lower tiers. These effects are more mid-tier, and hold some demand.)

Halloween Effects - Cloudy Moon -  Stormy 13th Hour (Not too easy to sell effects, easier to stay clear of these.)

3rd Gen/Robo-effects -  Phosphorous - Roboactive (Generally very difficult to sell, stay away from these. Except for roboactive and anti-freeze)

3rd Gen/Summer effects - Aces High -Terror-watt (Extremely difficult - impossible to sell effects. Do not even consider these. Even if you are offered overpay for these, do not accept them.)

====================================================================

Nutshells.

1st gen. Always aim for the,

2nd gen. Nice to have, but not the best.

Halloween Effects. Try to stay clear from them, they're hard to sell.

Robo Effects. Never go for them. Even if they offer overpay. Anti-freeze and Roboactive are exceptions though.

Summer Effects. Do not even consider.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Unusual_effects#Unusual_effects

1st Gen - Green Fetti - Circling Heart (Most loved and popular effects. Always try to go for these effects.)

2nd Gen - Bubbling - Blizzardy Storm (Not so well loved effects, lower tiers. These effects are more mid-tier, and hold some demand.)

Halloween Effects - Cloudy Moon - Stormy 13th Hour (Not too easy to sell effects, easier to stay clear of these)

3rd Gen/Robo-effects - Phosphorous - Roboactive (Generally very difficult to sell, stay away from these. Except for roboactive and anti-freeze)

3rd Gen/Summer effects - Aces High -Terror-watt (Extremely difficult - impossible to sell effects. Do not even consider these. Even if you are offered overpay for these, do not accept them.)

I would like a list that I could copy and paste into a Text Document.

1st gen: fettis, circlings, ghosts, energies, flies, flames, plasmas, beams

2nd gen: bubbling, steaming/smoking, orbiting, nnb, weather

Halloween:

1st set - cloudy, eerie, lantern, cauldron

2nd set - ks, misty, harvest, secret, stormy 13th

3rd set: pentagrams, spells, bats

3rd gen: anything else

GOOD 1st. Gen Effects  Green Confetti, Purple Confetti, Haunted Ghosts, Green Energy, Purple Energy, Circling TF Logo, Massed Flies, Burning Flames, Scorching Flames, Searing Plasma, Vivid Plasma, Sunbeams, Circling Peace Sign, and Circling Heart.

OKAY 2nd. Gen Effects Stormy Storm, Blizzardy Storm, Nuts n' Bolts, Orbiting Planets, Orbiting Fire, Bubbling, Smoking, and Steaming.

NOT-SO GOOD Halloween effects. Cloudy Moon, Orbiting Cloudy Full Moon, Eerie Orbiting Fire, Flaming Lantern, Orbiting Shells, and Cauldron Bubbles. Knifestorm, Misty Skull, Harvest Moon, It's A Secret To Everybody, and Stormy 13th Hour. Arcana, Spellbound, Poisoned Shadows, Chiroptera Venenata, Hellfire, Something Burning This Way Comes, Darkblaze, and Demonblaze.

BAD Robo Effects. Anti-Freeze, Electrostatic, Green Black Hole, Memory Leak, Overclocked, Phosphorous, Power Surge, Roboactive, Suplurous, and Time Warp.

VERY BAD Summer Effects. Aces High, Cloud 9, Dead Presidents, Disco Beatdown, Kill-a-Watt, Miami Nights, and Terror-Watt.

What would the recent Halloween effects fall under? Or are they still in speculation where they should be ranked?

EDIT: Ninja'd

GOOD 1st. Gen Effects  Green Confetti, Purple Confetti, Haunted Ghosts, Green Energy, Purple Energy, Circling TF Logo, Massed Flies, Burning Flames, Scorching Flames, Searing Plasma, Vivid Plasma, Sunbeams, Circling Peace Sign, and Circling Heart.

OKAY 2nd. Gen Effects Stormy Storm, Blizzardy Storm, Nuts n' Bolts, Orbiting Planets, Orbiting Fire, Bubbling, Smoking, and Steaming.

NOT-SO GOOD Halloween effects. Cloudy Moon, Orbiting Cloudy Full Moon, Eerie Orbiting Fire, Flaming Lantern, Orbiting Shells, and Cauldron Bubbles. Knifestorm, Misty Skull, Harvest Moon, It's A Secret To Everybody, and Stormy 13th Hour. Arcana, Spellbound, Poisoned Shadows, Chiroptera Venenata, Hellfire, Something Burning This Way Comes, Darkblaze, and Demonblaze.

BAD Robo Effects. Anti-Freeze, Electrostatic, Green Black Hole, Memory Leak, Overclocked, Phosphorous, Power Surge, Roboactive, Suplurous, and Time Warp.

VERY BAD Summer Effects. Aces High, Cloud 9, Dead Presidents, Disco Beatdown, Kill-a-Watt, Miami Nights, and Terror-Watt.

You're rating 2nd gen effects over halloween effects?

snip

This is a good list, though certainly generalising effects of each gen. freeze/ra would definitely be better than many for example

Then again is it based on sellability or price

1st gen effects are just the best. Everybody wants them and so they are easy to sell

2nd gen effects... most of them are low tier (Scorchens post) and are a bit ''meh''

3rd gen effects are these summer (Miami/disco - Dead Presidents/aces high) and all the robo effects. These are just pure cancer. Dont even consider buying them unless its a quicksale with like ~80% off

Also be carefull what kind of hat you buy.

For example I bought a Planet Scopers (when it was worth 2 buds) for 1 bud + 2 keys. I though I made a great deal. But no, I kept quickselling it at 1.5 buds for 3 weeks long and I didn't even got a (pure) offer. Which proves that Planets is meh but also the hat.

GOOD 1st. Gen Effects Green Confetti, Purple Confetti, Haunted Ghosts, Green Energy, Purple Energy, Circling TF Logo, Massed Flies, Burning Flames, Scorching Flames, Searing Plasma, Vivid Plasma, Sunbeams, Circling Peace Sign, and Circling Heart.

Separate the Halloween effects by year and then it'll be good.

*facepalm* How about something like this?

Gen 1: Green Fetti, Purple Fetti, Circling Heart...

Gen 2: Bubbling, Steaming, Blizzardy Storm...

Gen 3: Aces High, Terror-Watt...

Halloween 2011: Cloudy Moon, Flaming Lantern...

Halloween 2012: Knifestorm, Stormy 13th Hour...

Halloween 2013: Arcana, Darkblaze...

Robo: Phosphorous, Sulfurous, Time Warp...

I would do this myself but I have to go to bed. I probably will do it myself if no one does it for me helps me by the time I wake up.

Oh god those new posts.

Did you see my post :P

You're rating 2nd gen effects over halloween effects?

Always.

Don't you own the burning viewfinder?

Always.

Don't you own the burning viewfinder?

Any halloween effect can do better than a 2nd gen. The quickest of sells would fetch more than a stormy storm or anything else cancer.

And yes I do.

Archived