Fixed an exploit related to creating unnamed Normal quality items???

Josh From Raw

6 minutes ago, Zodiak said:

probably something relates to making long names glitch in stock weapons uniques 

This was fixed in a shadow patch about a month and a half ago.

There was a hidden glitch to be able to remove name/description tags off of Unique stock items. Typically you can't remove them, this has been a thing for as long as name tags have been out and never was patched. To create a Unique stock item you need: a name tag, description tag, or killstreak kit.

Clean versions (term mostly used in the Strange Unique market regarding no name tag or description tagged Unique stock item) are the most valuable and rare. However the cost of most clean Unique stocks should NOT cost more than the price of a basic KS kit of its kind (I often see them overpriced as "rare"). However there was a man creating clean Invis Watches (which have no kits besides universals) which have been listed for a good amount recently. The maker's profile seems dead now. This is the only thing I can think of in relation to this line of the patch notes. Now how this was done, I have no clue. Probably cheat engine. PDA is not affected by this though, you can remove name tags and description tags normally. For Sapper, I can't say. The most valuable would be the Invis Watch and Sapper (if affected).

They're certainly not as much as people are trying to sell them for, that's for certain.

EDIT: Tested the Sapper and it can have tags removed like PDA, only one worth something would be the Invis Watch. 

Archived