Could someone explain this discrepancy in price please?

EmptyChests

It's really odd to me, as searing plasma is worth considerably more than vivid plasma, despite my opinion being that they're mostly the same.

Is there something i'm missing here?

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 10.44.14 AM.png

Averages for effects are heavily skewed by the prices for some of the more expensive hats/miscs in the game. If you look at searing plasma you can see certain hats like the Potassium Bonnet, Bedouin Bandana, Captain Cutthroat, Head Prize, etc are all priced in the hundreds of keys, boosting the average. Vivid may exist on some of these but most likely was never priced/left unsold. 

averages for effects are a pretty skewed way to look at prices. if there's a hat that gets boosted from 100-1000 keys, it will obviously boost the average of said hat and effect, and that's just based off of what hats happen to be in recorded sales more recently than others. generally the best way to see what effects are truly valued is to search the classifieds and compare what the cheapest/most expensive ones are going for. 

20 hours ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

Averages for effects are heavily skewed by the prices for some of the more expensive hats/miscs in the game. If you look at searing plasma you can see certain hats like the Potassium Bonnet, Bedouin Bandana, Captain Cutthroat, Head Prize, etc are all priced in the hundreds of keys, boosting the average. Vivid may exist on some of these but most likely was never priced/left unsold. 

19 hours ago, TheBlackHeavy said:

averages for effects are a pretty skewed way to look at prices. if there's a hat that gets boosted from 100-1000 keys, it will obviously boost the average of said hat and effect, and that's just based off of what hats happen to be in recorded sales more recently than others. generally the best way to see what effects are truly valued is to search the classifieds and compare what the cheapest/most expensive ones are going for. 

Ah ight I gotchu

Thanks for the help, appreciate it

Archived