Listings with the add button of users that are never online.

Mr.demon kraken

Is this reportable? Since i'm so tired of trying to get the item they are selling, but their listing is set to add only while they are never online on steam, but are actively bumping their listing.

One guy was selling a skin for a decent price so i added him (his comments were disabled so couldn't comment). He declines the request and comments on my profile saying "trade only".

Other times the person isn't even online for weeks it seems.

ye im tired of those little things that always bother me all the time when i want something from the seller but he doesnt have a trade button and he doesnt bother adding  random people on the internet

2 hours ago, Mr.demon kraken said:

Is this reportable? Since i'm so tired of trying to get the item they are selling, but their listing is set to add only while they are never online on steam, but are actively bumping their listing.

One guy was selling a skin for a decent price so i added him (his comments were disabled so couldn't comment). He declines the request and comments on my profile saying "trade only".

Other times the person isn't even online for weeks it seems.

Yes that is reportable, you have 24 hours to accept a friend request / your list price

Feel like a lot of people are just suuuuper slow on responses these days. There’s 2 unusuals I’ve been trying to get over the last week, 1 guy responds once a day if I’m lucky. The other one said he’ll think about it and I haven’t heard back for 4 days now. 

4 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

they are probably not aware of the bug that is the entire bp.tf listing system

I think it's more like they believe we can simply send them trade offers, without them needing to provide a trade offer URL. A nice feature would be to have something like a reminder for new users to set their trade offer URL in their Settings page.

5 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Yes that is reportable, you have 24 hours to accept a friend request / your list price

But you can't report them/do anything if they don't have a trade offer to decline, right?

If they have their trade offer link attached you just send a trade, but if they don't they can decline an invite/remove the listing w/in 24 hours that you were gonna offer full pure on with no repercussions?

For a different perspective, there are people like me who don't play any steam games or might have status off when playing so almost always appear offline. That doesn't mean I don't regularly check Steam, and doesn't mean I can't be away for a number of days. A lot of people aren't ubernerds and have other life priorities outside of steam/tf2/games which can slow down communication. 

1 hour ago, Menlymen said:

But you can't report them/do anything if they don't have a trade offer to decline, right?

If they have their trade offer link attached you just send a trade, but if they don't they can decline an invite/remove the listing w/in 24 hours that you were gonna offer full pure on with no repercussions?

Like I said, same applies to friend requests. Removing listings, declining over chat, all that

4 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Like I said, same applies to friend requests. Removing listings, declining over chat, all that

I get that, especially for not honoring listings. I do wish there was less of a hard requirement for confirmation/adding within 24 hours though, especially if an account status has not been online during that time. Understandably a different story if the status is online without accepting or offline for a long period of time. I've never declined a correct offer nor delayed accepting, but there have definitely been times where I could have had an offer made with more than 24 hours response to accept if some had come in.

15 hours ago, Free 2 Play Scootz said:

Feel like a lot of people are just suuuuper slow on responses these days. There’s 2 unusuals I’ve been trying to get over the last week, 1 guy responds once a day if I’m lucky. The other one said he’ll think about it and I haven’t heard back for 4 days now. 

Sometimes, it also depends on the trade offer. If the offer isn't close or exactly what they're asking for, of course they wouldn't be interested, and the "I'll think about it" is another form of "no thanks".

4 hours ago, LSO said:

I get that, especially for not honoring listings. I do wish there was less of a hard requirement for confirmation/adding within 24 hours though, especially if an account status has not been online during that time. Understandably a different story if the status is online without accepting or offline for a long period of time. I've never declined a correct offer nor delayed accepting, but there have definitely been times where I could have had an offer made with more than 24 hours response to accept if some had come in.

While I understand humans can't react in seconds, just like the bots do, I think 24 hours is a fair enough period for responding to a trade offer or a friend request. If you think you won't have the time / desire to do that, simply don't list an item for sale, until you believe you'll be able to respond. I still don't understand people who list items for sale and instantly go offline after that. Not to mention the ones who don't care to check their offers / friend requests for several days.

Archived