Suggestion Question: Collector's Heatmaker, 8-9 keys, cleverpun

limitless

This was my first suggestion so I just want clarification so I don't cock it up next time. 

My only real question relates to the comment that was made in regards to why it was closed: "We base our prices off sales, not guesswork."  My question is, since my proof was sales on the Community Market, are Steam Community Market sales to be considered guesswork?

If this is true, and since I was reminded to "Please take a closer look at the site rules" can the rules be made to reflect this?  For, although I didn't find this under the "valid examples" (and assumed the list wasn't all inclusive) I also did not find it under the "invalid examples."  The closest thing I could find, was "Be extra-careful when suggesting prices for items you own"  - Which is reasonable since you have an obvious bias, however this should not be reason enough to negate my suggestion. 

Very Respectfully,

thereallimitless

The Community Market is not considered Valid Proof.

I should probably explain further. Take a look at what you said in your suggestion. You are presuming a lot of things in it. Sales must be Black and White, which tends to leave outpost and actual screen-captures as valid proof. 

Even if SCM was valid proof, your calculations are WAY off.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Collector%27s%20Hitman%27s%20Heatmaker%20Chemistry%20Set - most are selling for ~$10. 

Not even CLOSE to 8 keys whatsoever, closer to 3 keys. And remember tax and PP keys prices has nothing to do with steam wallet. Then you need to calculate 200 hitmans and blah blah blah.

TL;DR, find actual Outpost sales that has completed sets.

Scm generally isnt considered proof as money on steam isnt the same as money on paypal as you can only use it on steam (Eg a 40$ voucher for kmart isnt the same as 40$ on hand) it also adds alot of variables which need to be accounted for (price of keys...etc)

Generally speaking scm has always sold for higher than trades as most people who use scm are people who dont want to spend the time to learn the ropes of trading and just buy what's available to them (many times in the past ive had multiple b/os of around 3 buds yet sales of around 4 buds on scm even when taking keys to be 2.3$)

Here is a guide to help you out in future suggestions: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3203-guide-making-good-suggestions/

Even if SCM was valid proof, your calculations are WAY off.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Collector%27s%20Hitman%27s%20Heatmaker%20Chemistry%20Set - most are selling for ~$10. 

Not even CLOSE to 8 keys whatsoever, closer to 3 keys. And remember tax and PP keys prices has nothing to do with steam wallet. Then you need to calculate 200 hitmans and blah blah blah.

TL;DR, find actual Outpost sales that has completed sets.

At least my math was as bad one way as yours was the other!  $10/2.5 = 4, I was then adding the 11 ref, so I'd call it 5.5.  I also went by the sales history, instead of current which was a mistake.  I got it now though, thanks...plus 2 out of 3 useful responses is pretty good on any forum.

Archived