Are trading bots worth it?

Saylen

I've been trading for quite some time but find myself playing the game less and less due to various reasons.

As such I've been thinking of putting around $1000 CAD into a trading bot (probably less to start) and am curios as to whether or not it would be a good idea.

Is it profitable? How long would it take to make a decent return on the investment? and is it actually more effective than trading manually?

Also I know there are multiple bot providers if you can't make one yourself being Bot.tf, Gladiator.tf, Autobot.tf, ect.

Would any of those sites be viable? Would it be better to make my own? Are there any decent alternatives to the sites I've mentioned?

All the threads I've seen about this topic are either really old (2017 or 2018) or don't actually have decent answers from individuals that run bots or at least have a greater understanding than the "Bots R Bad 4 Economy Hur Dur" crowd.

I'd appreciate it if anyone were to help answer my questions!

20 minutes ago, Saylen said:

I've been trading for quite some time but find myself playing the game less and less due to various reasons.

As such I've been thinking of putting around $1000 CAD into a trading bot (probably less to start) and am curios as to whether or not it would be a good idea.

Is it profitable? How long would it take to make a decent return on the investment? and is it actually more effective than trading manually?

Also I know there are multiple bot providers if you can't make one yourself being Bot.tf, Gladiator.tf, Autobot.tf, ect.

Would any of those sites be viable? Would it be better to make my own? Are there any decent alternatives to the sites I've mentioned?

All the threads I've seen about this topic are either really old (2017 or 2018) or don't actually have decent answers from individuals that run bots or at least have a greater understanding than the "Bots R Bad 4 Economy Hur Dur" crowd.

I'd appreciate it if anyone were to help answer my questions!

A bot would be profitable if you're able to put a lot of time into setting up and updating lots of buy orders on a daily basis and you know what to buy (if you trade a lot of unusuals this won't be an issue)

I would pick TF2Autobot because you'll actually own the account (and keep the donations you've made) and it's cheaper to host than Gladiator.

Gladiator might better if you're not familiar at all with basic terminal commands, because if something wrong happens you might not be able to troubleshoot it on your own.

If you don't have a second phone number you can use for the mobile authenticator Gladiator might also be a good idea. If your trade bot ever got community banned all the accounts tied to that phone number could potentially be banned too.

A bot is a tool, it's as profitable as you manage to make it... or it can also be an expense.

As you might have already seen on other threads, running a bot takes time and effort aside from both the initial investment and the cost of running it (such as a VPS).

Is it a good idea? if you find yourself being at least somewhat successful at trading for a profit, and have a modest amount of time and patience available to manage it, in a way where said profit is more significant than it's upkeep, then yes, it can be.

Archived